New Security Procedures to Access my Account

Answered!
Chris20149
Level 1
O'Malley, Australia

New Security Procedures to Access my Account

Does anyone else think the new security procedures to access your own account are way over the top. Really. A mouse eating cheese, listening to a crowd roar after entering your own phone number, receiving an SMS verifying its you, using Face ID and it’s wird to log in… come on. This is ridiculous. I have used this today so I can go on my next holiday (booked ore all this new stupidity) and can honestly say, I won’t be using AirBnB again after a ten year association.  It’s just too frustrating 

1 Best Answer
Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Hi @Chris20149 

It’s a multi-factor authentication I think. If you log into Airbnb from a new place or device—or edit sensitive account information—you could be asked to confirm it's really you. You may need to enter a security code sent to your phone or email, or verify some of your account details.

You may be able to use your device for 2-step authentication. This will allow you to authenticate in the same way you unlock your device, whether that’s with face recognition, fingerprint, or passcode.

You can always deactivate this setting from the device itself or a browser by visiting

Account > Login & Security.

Device authentication only applies to the device you used to activate this setting, but you’ll always have the option to use a verification code with a PIN instead.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

As long as other members are complaining that their account has been hacked, I don't think it's excessive yet.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I just enter my password @Chris20149 😁😁

Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Hi @Chris20149 

It’s a multi-factor authentication I think. If you log into Airbnb from a new place or device—or edit sensitive account information—you could be asked to confirm it's really you. You may need to enter a security code sent to your phone or email, or verify some of your account details.

You may be able to use your device for 2-step authentication. This will allow you to authenticate in the same way you unlock your device, whether that’s with face recognition, fingerprint, or passcode.

You can always deactivate this setting from the device itself or a browser by visiting

Account > Login & Security.

Device authentication only applies to the device you used to activate this setting, but you’ll always have the option to use a verification code with a PIN instead.

I cant log in. Its beyond ridiculous.  Will not accept my info and responses. Airbnb has lost its mind

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

@William2352, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues logging in. Could you share with us why you're unable to log in and perhaps we can guide you to the correct place for support? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines