New Short Code in Scheduled Messages

Traci1
Level 7
York, ME

New Short Code in Scheduled Messages

We currently use a third-party application to send scheduled messages to our guests but would love to use Airbnb's new feature. However, our check in message includes the guest's code for our keypad which is always the last four digits of the guest's phone number. I'd like to make a request that this short code be added as I believe this may be helpful to other hosts too!

19 Replies 19

How do you insert a LINK to the info in a shorcode instead of populating all of the text? For example, our house manual is long, and I’d rather include a link to it inside the listing. 

Hello! I would love to be able to include a link to the section of the listing rather than the words from the short code. For example, a link to the house manual. Is that possible? 

@Scott I'm running into this same issue with key codes.  As a host, it would be nice if I could create my own short codes.  Is that a possibility in the future?  Thanks! 🙂

Hi @Scott ! I am new to hosting and I am trying to figure out how to pull shortcodes into my scheduled messages. Do I need to bold the shortcode, or set it off with brackets [ ] or parenthesis ( )? Any guidance would be appreciated. My first message went out and it did not work correctly so the message said- "Dear Guests first name".  Thanks all! @Gretchen121

Collin18
Level 2
Nashville, TN

I also agree. This is exactly the feature/functionality I'm looking for. For the person who said that if guests can't figure out the last 4 digits of their phone number when given the whole number, I can tell them without a doubt, some will not figure it out....Some are tired, some are confused, and yes, we hosts know who have been doing this for a long time, there will undoubtedly be guests who cannot figure it out. 

So, yes, please add the feature for the last 4 digits of a door code being the last 4 of the cell number of the guest. 

Thank you.