New booking

New booking

I am trying to book a property for the end of the month

I already have an account but haven't completed my profile.

I don't see the need for the information required to book a holiday.

So my phone number is already in the system. Instead of just accepting it on the booking I am trying to make, it won't let me book.

So how do I do it or do I need to look elsewhere?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kate2503 I am not sure what info you are being asked for but a few points below might help:

1) Some hosts (particularly for house shares) want info about a guest to check compatibility. Other hosts for whole homes want assurances that guests are not planning parties etc so look for other info.

2) Airbnb looks to verify a guests ID so that they at least know who is booking the property

3) Some listings accept bookings instantly - others require you to request a booking whereby the host has to answer the request within 24 hours. You can filter the search to only give you IB listings if you want.

4) Airbnb has an algorithm to block high risk bookings. I think this might block you if you are young and trying to book a place near where you live.

Does any of the above make sense? If not perhaps give a little more info and we might be able to help.

Thank you for replying.

No, I was meaning the information for your profile. It's ridiculous.

I'm stuck now because I can't find where to close the account, I can't book anything else unless I finish my profile and if I try to book without it I can't as my phone number is already in the system.

Never come across anything so complicated when it is only to book holidays 

@Kate2503 I think I filled in one of the daft answers in my profile. Do you really have to fill in all of them?

Not a but I still can't book.

Just keeps saying my phone number is already in their system so I can't use it.

I've given up now but thank you