New host communication

Caroline1552
Level 1
Geneva, CH

New host communication

Hi  everyone!

I’m new hire and I received my first booking ! The guest contacted me via app two days ago with a question and then booked, but today she contacted me directly on iPhone saying her Airbnb account has been locked and to communicate directly by mobile. I said is recommended to exchange all in the app and she said she sent a message to Airbnb to solve it... I cannot access anymore to her details in the app.... can you help with a recommendation? Should I cancel the booking?

thanks!!!!

2 Replies 2
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

Don't cancel @Caroline1552  you'll be penalised.

Ring Cs re this - they will advise and if necessary help you to cancel which shouldn't  incur any penalties for you

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

How was the guest able to contact you via What's App if they hadn't made a booking @Caroline1552 ??

Please have a look at Airbnb Help under host cancellations, you will be penalised for cancelling a guests booking unless they break your house rules. Airbnb Help is also good for all the basics around running your Airbnb you so have a look

Give Airbnb customer services a call and tell them that your guest is contacting you outside of Airbnb and says their account is locked. Can they confirm whether it is a legitimate booking.