No bookings for next 5 months!

Answered!
Susan5170
Level 2
Merritt Island, FL

No bookings for next 5 months!

We’ve been hosting for 9 years and have done extremely well….until now.  Strangely enough, we don’t have any bookings for next 5 months…until late December.  Baffling, and concerning.  

is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Susan5170 !

Agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 , recent market research (economic factors) indicates guests are booking more last minute and for shorter stays this year.

Also, if you keep the 5night min stay, you appear less often in search results as compared to a 3night stay. Why not try it out? You can also keep your global calendar setting at 5nights, then use a 3night min stay Rule Set and apply to specific dates on the calendar.

Hope it picks up for you. Let us know how it goes!

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susan5170 we found that we had to reduce our min stay to 3 nights even in high season to get bookings. Having done that we are just about getting the same revenue as last year - shame though that our costs are higher.

Hi @Susan5170 !

Agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 , recent market research (economic factors) indicates guests are booking more last minute and for shorter stays this year.

Also, if you keep the 5night min stay, you appear less often in search results as compared to a 3night stay. Why not try it out? You can also keep your global calendar setting at 5nights, then use a 3night min stay Rule Set and apply to specific dates on the calendar.

Hope it picks up for you. Let us know how it goes!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Susan5170,

After reading Mike and Joan's suggestion, I would like to ask you if you have considered reducing your minimum stay to 3 nights?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

It almost doesn’t pay to reduce to 3 nights.  I already pay big cleaning fees.  My house cleaner will be earning more than the income brought in if I take it down to 3 days😄.  Plus the wear and tear.  I don’t know.  I may be leaning toward long term rental at this point.  
But thanks for the suggestions…much appreciated!