No communication

No communication

The guest hasn't commented with me at all after booking yesturday early morning, for a 3 nights stay. I have messaged him yesturday afternoon welcoming him and explaining the house rules, and there is no response yet. I was dubious on this guest because of their bad reviews, but decided with my husband to give the benefit of the doubt and now I am wondering if they doesn't show up in time for their check-in, they choosed 11am-13pm, does this entitle me not to wait for them longer?

1 Reply 1
Normen0
Level 10
Canada

@Anila69 These types on non-communicating guests area so maddening.   They make you anxious as you're waiting and waiting in hopes they arrive on time.   I suggest you text him on his phone number attached to his account.  He may not have notifications on for AIRBNB and realize he has messages waiting or he may just be the type that doesn't believe an acknowledgement is required to your message. A text starting with " Hello! This is your AIRBNB host Anila, I'm reaching out to you as I'm not sure ifyou received my message via AIRBNB.....As our check in requires me to be at the rental to hand over the keys, I will be there between 11-13 as you have selected.  Please advise me if you are not able to make it between those hours as i will have to reschedule my day to attend at another time......." Good luck!   Text usually works.  Barring that, contact AIRBNB CS.  I have had them contact a guest for me and let the guest know that Im trying to reach them in AIRBNB messaging because the phone number on the profile was wrong.