No words....

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

No words....

My last guests specifically mentioned our mattresses in our review calling them as good or better than a high-end hotel. We get compliments on them pretty regularly but I understand that everyone has their own preferences. 

Today i answered a call from the current guests. Older couple. One took a nap and "could not move" because the bed was "so stiff." Guest wondered if we had any "different mattresses" we would be able to trade out. We do not have a selection of mattresses for guests to choose from, no. We have a topper that she can use and we told her where to find it. Ironically we took it off as another guest said the bed was too soft. 

The guest seemed surprised that we were not coming to put the topper on for her immediately and that she would have to do it herself. As she was complaining I was actually sitting at the vet with my cat who had eaten something weird and was throwing up nonstop. I politely explained that no, we can't offer a linen change or daily maid service. She then asked "why on earth" I would not just keep toppers on the bed. I explained that people have different sleep needs so we had taken them off and just allow guests to use them if they wish.

I just can't wait for this review. At least we have the last one to cancel it out. 

17 Replies 17

@Pat271exactly. When an older couple book my place I already know they will complain about beds, mattresses, pillows or street noise..... Luckily we are on the ground floor so they can't complain about stairs 😄

I mean, I understand them, I also have a bad neck,  so unfortunately I am uncomfortable in any bed including my own. When I was young I could sleep anywhere, ah well... tempi passati... 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laura2592  I am hoping that at least one of the bookings left on your calendar turns out not to be entitled, demanding, clueless, crazy, or a squirrel killer. I know it's a tall order.  

@Huma0  Funny- feather/down pillows are the only type of pillows I like and use for myself. What do you call a "regular" pillow?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 

Perhaps 'regular' wasn't the right word to use! I meant the synthetic ones. My issue with feather/down pillows is that they offer little or no support (they are also not great for side sleepers). For someone with neck issues like myself, they can be a disaster. I always struggle with them when I stay at hotels but there was one super fancy hotel near Venice (on a private island no less) where a feather pillow ruined my trip! After using it for just one night, my neck completely seized up and I was in terrible pain for the rest of my stay.

The feather pillows are not great for allergy sufferers and not easy to wash/dry.

Of course, I know everyone is different, so I make sure to have a variety of different pillows in each guest room, not just the type I like, and that includes the option of feather pillows if people want them.