Not getting booking like before

It has been 1 month and I am not getting booking like before

i called airbnb support and they told me your performance is very good

3 Replies 3
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Hilda256 

Not familiar with your location, but you are getting dinged on that in your reviews.  Your title says Edmonton but reviews seem to say not where the renter had an expectation of in Edmonton.  Maybe your near an outer edge rather then dead center.  You can't change your location but every location has a market, maybe your chasing the wrong market.  Or maybe the right market with a cheaper price then downtown, but if you don't tell Guests they assume they found a cheap price downtown lol.  Disclose but in a positive way, 20 minute drive to downtown from your tranquil retreat away from downtown noise. 

Construction no you don't control that either.  I wouldn't make a big deal but in other things to note mention day time construction noise and that construction limits your ability to provide so many parking spaces and free street parking but that nay be limited close to the house.

People don't like to be surprised.  Just present positively and I think your location numbers will go up and Guests that did what I did see the location dings if you are being clearer in your description to respond to the negatives might actually be a good fit.

Her listing is most definitely in the outer edge (of the city). You can easily see that in the location section of her listing. @Marie8425 

Zheng49_0-1723739811769.png

This picture shows that it's in the South West edge of Edmonton.

Zheng49_1-1723739888453.png

This picture shows that she's right on the edge of city / suburbs. As a patch of solid green means it's basically woods / forest. 

Of course, as long as it has parking, this issue can be mitigated to a large extent.

I don't find it a necessity to disclose how much time it takes to travel to downtown as the approximate or exact location is basically shown to the guest already. 

However, what I find works for me is to go into detail what's in walking distance. For example, highlight groceries, restaurants, etc. that can be walked to. Essentially, how "walkable" your listing is. 

My listing(s) is definitely NOT in the heart of downtown or anywhere close to it, but it's still fairly "walkable".  

Zheng49_2-1723740279753.png

My listing(s) relative to (downtown) Toronto. 
While it's far from downtown Toronto, it's fairly close to downtown (or a busy part of) Scarborough which is a district of Toronto.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry I don't agree I would definitely mention travel distances if I was getting marked down on location @Zheng49