Not getting bookings even though It's high season

Foluso0
Level 2
Barnet, United Kingdom

Not getting bookings even though It's high season

Hello All,

I have been on airbnb for few months and I have only had 2 bookings. No booking at this time even though its high season.

Here's my listing : https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/1149848695048705025?source_impression_id=p3_1724953499_P3tvvbecwwY133HG

Any advice on how I can start getting bookings is much appreciated.

Thank you

15 Replies 15
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Foluso0 , 

I took a quick look at your listing, a few small suggestions:

a) put a photo of yourself in your account instead of the drawing to reassure guests

b) in the "Where you'll sleep" section the 5 bedrooms should appear

c) add captions to the photos

d) add a map of your house so it's easier to understand how it's laid out

As soon as you have some more reviews you'll see that things will improve 😉

good luck!

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Hello @Andrea6232 

Thank you so much for this . Much appreciated.

Folu

Hello @Foluso0 

Beautiful listing, I myself I am also new to the business, however I will add some suggestions. I see you do not have many amenities. However, amongst the amenities you should have heating, essentials, air conditioning etc. I have done a quick screenshot from your listing as it states "not included" see to include those. Also create a guide book if you do not have one!

1000136926.jpg

Foluso0
Level 2
Barnet, United Kingdom

Hello @Stella743 

Folu

You are welcome!

Hi @Foluso0 

Your home is absolutely beautiful! 

I agree with the points listed by Andrea and Stella. I think they should do the trick. Just one suggestion - maybe you could try renting is as individual 5 bedrooms instead of the whole unit together? This would make the amount spent by guests less, so the frequency of bookings would go up. Alll the best!! 🙂

Hello @Shreetoma0 

Folu

Tania960
Level 2
Braselton, GA

Hello,

I would love to help but unfortunately I can not see the listing, link does not work.

I totally agree with previews suggestion and maybe add price reduction.

On my listings I update the price often, that really helps.

I wish you good luck!!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Tania960,  Thank you so much for taking the time to come and help @Foluso0 😊

I have just updated the link in his post, so you can take a look at his listing.

I’m sharing it here as well, just in case: Airbnb Listing link.

Once again, thank you so much 🙏

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you for update the link Paula!!

My advise after seeing the listing is:

1) Listing shows that there is no hot water under amenities. This need to be corrected asap

2) Price is 444 every day. I suggest to lower the price for Sunday to Thursday and keep high price for weekends and holidays when is high demand. 

3) Allow minimum 1 night booking. There are people that only want the house for one night, since at this time there is no bookings, one night is better than 0 

Overall I would lower the prices until I get at least 10 reviews then increase the price. Lower price is better than $0

Sugested price is  Sunday to Thursday 199 and weekends 299, also I have not noticed a cleaning fee that could be 165-199

Foluso0
Level 2
Barnet, United Kingdom

Hello @Tania960 

Folu

My pleasure!! 

Hello @Foluso0 

I believe you have a lovely place. Both of your reviews thus far are 5 stars which implies you’re on the right track. Be certain to update your amenities to include the new iron board you now have. Not certain if you have hot water or cool /warm air but, be sure to update those amenities if you do. Otherwise, that may be a concern to potential guests. Best wishes on your hosting endeavors. 

Hello @Tatiana1011 

Folu