Open homes to get an abortion

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Open homes to get an abortion

This is NOT a political post and I respect everyone's views on Roe vs Wade as I do on all matters. Airbnb however has been very political (and not in a good way). This cause should align with their values and here is a real chance to do good. I hope they will include getting an abortion in another state as a qualifier for Open homes. Some people will now have to travel very far to get one and might not have the means to rent a place to stay.

74 Replies 74

I am looking for a way to do this as well. I have a house in LA that I would really love to open to women traveling across state lines to seek an abortion.

Carly192
Level 2
Strathroy, Canada

🇨🇦

We would love to host women for free in our home coming for an abortion. We used to do Airbnb but moved and havent set it up again. We are in Portland Oregon. How can I get started, other then activate our Airbnb site? We would also be interested in Ukrainian's coming to Portland.  

@Barbara-And-Gary0 you can register to host Ukrainian refugees here. This is an unmoderated site so a couple of inquiries were questionable but I ended up taking in a wonderful family of three, no regrets

https://icanhelp.host/

Jennifer942
Level 2
Portland, OR

I am recommending that Airbnb partner and or coordinate with **bleep**’s Sporting Goods as they are offering transportation costs to any woman who needs to travel over state lines. Airbnb Host could offer up there place for a free to a woman seeking an abortion. 

That is hilarious! That the Nickname for Richard was bleeped out of my above post!

@Jennifer942 bleep sporting goods. I do call them that when they don’t have what I want. Never mind, they always have what I need 🙂

Patrick2536
Level 3
Washington, DC

I’ve hosted Muslim refugees fleeing Afghanistan and Ukrainians fleeing war. I would be proud and honored to be a safe haven for women that are making this difficult decision. 

maybe we could start a “tag” I. Our listings. Maybe something like “Abortion Safe Haven”? Or is there a better phrase to use?

Another angle might be the possibility of coordinating a secure list of abortion safe havens directly with Planned Parenthood via Airbnb, or directly with individual host(s).

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I think a tag is a great idea. If any of you are on any other discussion boards or Facebook groups, perhaps post there and see what the sentiment is?

Julia3236
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi all, I totally agree with all of you and would love to offer this service to women seeking abortions. Airbnb, please give us this option!

Valerie375
Level 1
Peapack and Gladstone, NJ

Yes absolutely support Open homes to get an abortion I’m Located in NJ and definitely  interested to do what’s possible in hosting and in helping support women in need. 

Donna1268
Level 2
Olympia, WA

Planned parenthood is close by and I am glad to help.  In Washington state, abortion is still legal.  We welcome women who need support.  This is a safe place for abortion seekers.  I am not sure what "open home" means but we are a friend to women seeking abortions.  Privacy will be maintained.

Tommy150
Level 10
Buffalo, NY

I just found this becuase a friend posted on Facebook he has a spare bedroom for anyone who needs it (we're in NY)

I thought this is great, I would help with my Airbnb and my own personal home. And then I found this thread.... I hope Airbnb steps up to do something like this like they did for essential employees.

I'm in! In terribly saddened it has come to this, it's like a new version of the underground railroad to allow women to be able to have choices over their own bodies and have it safely. This is so absurd and sad. 

@Tommy150 No one even with the best of intentions will keep posting somewhere regularly so a permanent solution would be ideal. I am hoping we can get enough responses and likes for airbnb to notice