Opinion on Cleaners

Susie236
Level 2
Naches, WA

Opinion on Cleaners

I wanted to get your opinion on this situation, I am an Airbnb owner myself.  Some really good cleaners work for me.  I have a three bedroom house, four beds and two bathrooms.  I pay my cleaner $150 per clean.  She checks the BBQ, cleans it if it needs it and tops off the hot tub with water - but I have a service that comes weekly.  I was asked by another Airbnb owner for my cleaner's name.  And her daughter is now cleaning for that woman.  So that house is an hour out of town, two bedrooms, and sleeps six with a couple pull out beds.  It was trashed, a hole in the wall, blood on the sheets, a huge mess.  A wedding party. It took her and her partner 17 hours to clean it, she took pictures for the owner.  The owner paid her $150, so $75 each for 17 hours.  The owner has also demanded that she check the hot tub, clean it, put the chemicals in, leaf blow the deck and set the spinklers - for her $75 per cleaning.  When that owner needed something done up there she asks the cleaner drive up to do it and pays her nothing.   This is a 5 star cleaner!   So I would pay her minimally $450, but more likely $500 for the cleanup,  I would submit the extra cleaning fee as part of the damages that I would submit to Airbnb for the guest to pay.  I would pay her $50 to drive up and back, that's a two hour drive, time and gas.  I would want her to do the BBQ, because guests don't even use it half the time, but I would pay her extra for the lawn, for the hot tub, those are services.  I hire a service on my hot tub weekly and a lawn service - I don't want my cleaner bogged down with those things, when we have a back to back she has to be able to get in and out.  What do you guys think of this?  I wanted some feedback.

0 Replies 0