Party above Airbnb Flat in Barcelona

Paul75
Level 2
Reading, United Kingdom

Party above Airbnb Flat in Barcelona

So I am staying in Barcelona for about a week and a half.  The AirBNB I am staying in with a friend is a very nice AirBNB. It had very good reviews I didn't see any negative reviews at all apart from the bed was a bit firm.

However last night (Friday night) the flat above us was having a party and making a lot of noise. We were not able to get to sleep until about 2am 

Most communication has been done via Whats app, however, I have just realised that the lady contacting me is not the owner of the flat.

I told her to continue the conversation about the noise via the AirBNB app for obvious reasons.

At which point she seems to have ignored my request and left a voicemail.

It looks like the owner of the flat doesn't want to have to deal with "customer service issues"

I have been an AirBNB host before and i know how hard hosts try ( well the ones that don't sublet the responsibility) 

The flat is in a great location and has everything anyone could need.

However, before this event, I had had problems trying to get to sleep as there is a car garage under the flat. There is alot of road noise which means I find it hard to get to sleep even with earplugs in.

I don't see anything about road noise in the reviews which I find strange.

If this was a hotel I would expect to be moved rooms. With AirBNB this is not so easy.  

I didn't want to go and complain at the time as they may have been drinking. The subhost has offered to go and talk to them but I would rather this conversation is done via AirBNB app.

We are paying alot of money for this AirBNB and the one service you expect is a good nights sleep. I will be pushing airBNB for a refund for this one night which I feel is reasonable.

Looking for your advice.  

1 Reply 1
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Paul75  Barcelona has very strict rules about STR – perhaps your host can’t comply all rules and prefers to stay under cover.

Neighborhood issues (party, noise) you can report there: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3290