Paying my remaining balance

Aida43
Level 5
Los Angeles, CA

Paying my remaining balance

Hi there -

I booked a cabin in Big Bear and it required a deposit to book the cabin.  I now need to pay the balance, but have no idea where to go to do that.  The cabin shows booked, and it shows how much I paid, and balance due, but no where does it show to pay balance.  I need to pay the balance by tomorrow or I will lose my reservation.  There isn't a number I can call to ask questions either. 

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Michelle 

167 Replies 167

Hi Sonraya, So how did you rectify the problem? As I am having this half payment now.

Allen98
Level 1
Horsmonden, United Kingdom

@Chris917 wrote:

Hi Sonraya, So how did you rectify the problem? As I am having this half payment now.

Fatemeh1
Level 1
Huddersfield, United Kingdom

i have the same problem

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

So happy to have come across this thread as I was unaware of this change in policy. I just read the link. Wondering what makes a property "eligible"? Anyone know the answer?

Also, upon reading the fine print, one danger I see is that the balance will automatically be charged, and if it fails to go through - the booking will automatically cancel and the guests will be charged according to the host's cancellation policy. 

Given the ease with which a payment method can be inadvertently compromised (expired card, replacement card, temporary low balance on a debit card) this sounds like a potential for risk, especially for guests who may not be on top of things. 

A nice option, for sure, especially for reservations made many months in advance. But there's definitely a potential for some disappointing repercussions for guests who do not take the time to fully understand what's expected of them, and when. 

Jude

@Jude7, it is not a given property that needs to be eligible, but it is a given reservation that needs to meet the criteria.

The reservation has to be over $250 and at least 2 weeks in the future.

All hosts' properties can participate.

Thank you, @Matthew285!

They set the final payment date just a few days before arrivial, so I would like to pay now but seems not possible. Jude is right online card payments often come up with problems due to security usually and will not go through.

I just realized my card will be expired before second payment is done I made these 2 months ago how can there not be a place to be able to change the credit card date

This is exactly what happed to me!  Even after I included a new credit card (my old one was lost and replaced) and set it as the DEFULT in my payment options. My host and I had to cancel the original reservation and rebook the entire trip.  It was a huge hassle with refunds, etc.  We both called Airbnb and they know this is a problem and apparently have been working on it for MONTHS according to other forums I've read. I'm shocked they can't fix somehting a seeming simple as this. 

This is exactly what happed to me!  Even after I included a new credit card (my old one was lost and replaced) and set it as the DEFULT in my payment options. My host and I had to cancel the original reservation and rebook the entire trip.  It was a huge hassle with refunds, etc.  We both called Airbnb and they know this is a problem and apparently have been working on it for MONTHS according to other forums I've read. I'm shocked they can't fix somehting a seeming simple as this. 

ureHi Robyn , did your problem solve ? Did you manage to secure your exisiting reservation ? I having a same problem with you too . Airbnb only suggested me to add other new credit card as default . So I not too sure if the new credit can debit , if not will my booking cancel and any penalty charges to my account ? 

This just happened to us! Only we did not find out the reservation was cancelled because they only emailed us and we are used to just checking the app for messages. We lost our reservation for telluride bluegrass Festival which we had made a year ago,  and then had to find another place last minute because the host had rebooked with days and the prices were jacked up and we ended up having to pay an extra $3000 to have a place to stay.  The host refunded the deposit but I just don’t understand why Airbnb only used email only to tell us the reservation was expired and did not use text or the app To let us know. Has anyone had any success with getting their money back from air bnb or paying the difference since they automatically cancelled?

Linda149
Level 4
Ilkley, United Kingdom

I have also paid a reduced up front payment for my trip and got an email teling me when the final installment would be taken. However, my computer crashed and i lost all emails and calendar events (i had diarised when the funds would be taken) and cannot find anything on AIRBNB My Trips to tell me how much i have to pay and when. Anyone know how i can find out?

Phone them seems to be the only way

I rang AirBnB directly and was sent a link to make the remaining payment in full. Ring them and it will get sorted very quickly.