Payout delays - anyone else?

Answered!
Yavuz0
Level 2
University Park, TX

Payout delays - anyone else?

In 7 years getting paid by Airbnb, I've always received the funds in 2 business days to my 2 different Chase US account. 

For the 2 bookings which were paid last Monday April 4th, the money did not show up. It's been 7 business days today, still no money. It is even beyond the deadline in the release email, and beyond any lead times mentioned anywhere.

The following payouts also didn't reach my account. These are short term bookings, and nothing changed on my account. The last payout sent on April 2nd was deposited on April 4th. 

First time happening, and support is giving canned responses to wait a few more days and write back; then closing the case.

Anyone else experiencing issues? I wonder if they have changed something in their system.

1 Best Answer
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Yavuz0 ! That's strange, is your KYC completely up to date? You can find more about KYC here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3004

I'll send this over to the team just to be sure, perhaps they can give the payouts you're still missing a little push. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20

Same problem here.   Our guest checked in on Saturday and the "release" has yet to happen. We are superheats and  the payouts are taking longer and longer with nonsensical answers or "ive sent you an article" about this.  How is it that Airbnb takes the guest payment for the reservation month's in advance, and yet we have to wait 5-7 business days.   the "community members" who are answering the phone are no help and cannot provide evidence of the release of said funds...any USA Bank can tell you whether they've been received or not-even if not landed into your account yet.  Airbnb is holding our money hostage.

My money has been held hostage for months!  Still waiting on over $8000!  They have sent 5 emails saying they are sending it but it never shows up in PayPal!  I asked for the transaction id so PayPal could search it and they refused.  

They owe me over $12,000!  Likely $20,000 by the end of the month.  

IMG_6415.jpeg

 This is their legal department.  Hopefully once I get a lawyer involved I’ll get the payout issue resolved.  It took 2.5 hours on the phone to get this after multiple requests.  Hopefully this helps other hosts in the same predicament.

same issue in Canada, Australia, Philippines, Dubai, Texas!  Many many hosts are not receiving their payouts and Airbnb is giving the same canned responses!  

Mine is still an issue.  They owe over $12,000 now.  Likely $20,000 by the end of August based on my upcoming bookings.  
There are no issues with my payouts as I have received some.  The small ones under $1000 and one bigger one for $3500 after I requested to have their legal departments contact information.  

IMG_6415.jpeg

 I’m not sure is it’s light but that’s my next step.  I finally got the lawyers contact info for Airbnb after 2 1/2 hours on the phone.  I’ll keep you posted.

Richard3344
Level 2
Brant, Canada

Yes I have received the same canned responses.  5 emails stating that over $8000 was sent.  But no payout at PayPal.  Similar canned responses are given to other hosts too.  This is larger than we think!