Pending payout, so depressed

Sinan28
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

Pending payout, so depressed

Hello friends.

I feel so low as the last installment of a payout of mine is being pended. 

It says ''Your payout method isn’t available, likely because of regulations for this region.''

This cannot be the case because there are thousands of hosts in my region and they are getting paid as they are used to.

I contacted the support (which is shockingly unprofessional!) and after an excruciating hour of a chat, they told me it was a known error and they are reporting it to the technical staff etc. I also tried Twitter AirBnb Help. They got my name, telephone number, e-mail and then replied with a prefabricated text!!

The thing is I was counting on that money for my bills and debts.

And now I feel horrible as I read on community forums that there are many hosts with payouts that are being pended like, for months?!

I'm now on a live support chat, the team member said she'll be back in 5 minutes and it's been 45 minutes.

I thought AirBnb was a trustworthy company. So very disappointed.

10 Replies 10
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Sinan28 , I'm so sorry to hear you're still waiting for your payouts. Did you manage to get it solved with the CS rep in the end or do you still need help?

Please do let us know how you get on!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello @Sybe,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately the CS stopped replying to my messages altogether.

This morning I changed my payment method. This time I’m not getting the “Your payout method isn’t available, likely because of regulations for this region.'' warning. However, now the new payment method is waiting verification. I changed my payment method before and it was touch and go. Now, of course, it’s pending, causing me more misery.

I wouldn’t be this anxious if the matter had not required urgency. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process and get my payment?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Sinan28 ,

I'm sending this over to the team for them to look into. Hopefully we can push getting the new payment method verified and the payouts transferred to you. 

The team should be in touch with you soon and if I receive an update on my side, I'll let you know!

-----

Thanks @Sybe ,

You're the only one who made me feel like I have somebody supporting me in this matter.

Much appreciated, I'll keep you updated.

Sinan28
Level 2
Istanbul, Turkey

Hello again. Problem unsolved.

I have a verified payout method since Thursday and I was promised by Harry from Customer Service that my money would be released in 24 hours but it's still not happening. 

I contacted CS again and they replied with the most irrelevant (the dates of my previous transactions) and the most incorrect (that i don't have a default method for my payout which I do, as can be seen on my profile and my transaction page) info. 

This whole deal made me lose all my trust in AirBnb. I'm anxious if I never get my money and I can not express my resentment. Such a shame! 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear this @Sinan28 - have there been any updates since the weekend?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello @Jenny,

Unfortunately no, my payout is still pending.

Can you help me?

I can relate with your experience absolutely @Sinan28 because I am going through the same ordeal and the CS agent left me hanging and just gave me a vague "let me escalate to the relevant department".
What they don't realize is that they're messing up my relationship with my service providers who expected their payments yesterday.

This is utterly frustrating.

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Jenny @Sybe Can you please try and expedite my issue also? I have a payment stuck on upcoming for almost 72 hours now and it's very inconveniencing.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Mary5079 Of course, I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting! I'll forward this to the team right now, they'll be in touch with you soon. 

-----