Pet Fees

Lisa6222
Level 1
Evanston, IL

Pet Fees

Despite listing it clearly in my house rules, every other guest seems to bring a dog without notifying us which also puts us in an awkward situation to collect the fee through the resolution center in the middle of the stay (we often eat the $50).  I have absolutely no idea why AirBNB does not have an option for hosts to include a pet fee with a click box to agree to pet rules if you are bringing a dog. Since Airbnb wishes for hosts to allow pets at least make it easy on us. I believe VRBO has this function.

6 Replies 6
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Lisa6222 

This is a constant issue with hosts.

I'm pet friendly and build the costs into my overall rate.  I also ask guests, especially with big furry dogs to please make sure thet do a quick vacuum.  To date, this has worked extremely well.  And since I've built the costs into my pricing, I have no reason to use the Resolution Center.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Lisa6222 does your post-booking message ask guests to tell you how many pets they are bringing? This seems to work for me. (And yes of course it’s ridiculous and frustrating that Airbnb ignores our numerous repeated requests for built-in pet fees.)

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Like @Lisa723  we also it in our post booking message and it works well for us.  We ask the question ‘will you be bringing any pets?’ and not had anyone fall through the cracks.

Dennise-Ann0
Level 4
Twain Harte, CA

I just had a guest arrive with a dog.  I have a no pet policy after repeated problems with guests breaking rules about leaving the dogs unattended for hours in the cabin.  She explained when she went on the Airbnb site that she clicked off the boxes for the amount of people in her party and her dog.  So now I need to charge her for the pet cleaning fee.  This is not the first person who has reported this.  I checked my listing and it is no pets, no smoking, and no events.  Anyone else having this problem?

Janet484
Level 2
Bridport, United Kingdom

@Lisa6222 I welcome pets, but ask for a cash payment on arrival/check-in, which always seems to work. I have a house rule of leaving no pets unattended unless in a crate, and had no problems so far. I also remind guests of this when I send directions to our cottage.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lisa6222,

We’re really pleased to share some details with you that were recently announced! In the coming weeks, Hosts will be able to add a Pet fee to their listing. 

We have been listening to Host feedback, just like yours, so please do let us know how you like the new service by sharing your thoughts here on the Community Center once it has launched. 

Thanks again,

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen