Pet fees

Pet fees

The flat rate Pet Fee is not a good billing method . Three dogs over a week require much more clean up than one dog staying our  minimum stay of 3 days . Yet the fee is the same.......A much more accurate method is to charge per pet per night . Just like you can  presently charge for an extra person  -  so much per extra person per night . So I have contacted Airbnb on this multiple times in order to change this policy but to no avail  . It is what it is . I am a Superhost and I refuse to extra bill for extra pet fees after the guests arrive as Airbnb suggests . As a guest I would think that is cheeky . So wherever I set my pet fee it is going to be too much for the one pet short stay (which will discourage booking) and not enough for the multiple pet long stay (what a bargain !) . Is there a way we can change this pet fee policy ? Can the Host groups get this done ? I am not on FB so can't join my local group .

2 Replies 2
Guy991
Top Contributor
Sintra, Portugal

Hello @Gregory-William0 ,

In pet fee, under the rate there’s a small down arrow that opens a few options: per stay, per night, per pet, and per pet per night.
Don't you have those options?

Guy991_0-1728324569473.jpeg

Duh...... do I feel stupid . Those options are there . My only feeble excuse is none of the 3 Airbnb reps that I spoke to offered that solution ........ I went one and a half seasons at the low flat rate.........and cleaned up after a lot of doggies.....grrrrr