Places appearing unavailable when user didn't reply on book request

Answered!

Places appearing unavailable when user didn't reply on book request

Several times I've tried to book a place and when the host doesn't reply to the request after 24 hs, the request get expired right? but the problem is that the place gets locked for that same dates period (same exact dates period) for a long time, i.e. it's been more a week and the place is still blocked for that same dates. So I (in fact nobody) can't send another request. It already happened to me 4 times, with different places.

I don't know if this is a bug or what.. I thought airbnb would release the soft hold 24 hs after the expiry. It's a shame places got blocked that much time when a user doesn't reply to a booking request..

Top Answer

I didn't want to take the chance to wait (I mean about the risk of losing the places that I could afford) so I had to book in other (less convenient) places.

PS: I'll be traveling to a lot of cities next year in Europe so the annoying of this is it happened me a lot, it wasn't the kind of a one-time problem (I blocked like 4 - 5 places just in a week X)

View Top Answer in original post

15 Replies 15

@Joelle43 No no, this is not the user I'm using in Airbnb. This is an old user I've never used.

It's just when I posted on this community site (withairbnb.com) I didn't noticed I was logged in with this old user. I should delete it 😅

My airbnb user is this, I've rented places before -> https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/177694467