Please help ๐Ÿฅบmany Issues in the private villa

Please help ๐Ÿฅบmany Issues in the private villa

Hi ๐ŸŒธ  me and my family (7 adults) came to Marrakech to enjoy 5 days in the city and 5 days in the villa in a quiet area 1 hr away from the city.

The place in the city was clean and without any issues. 

the villa we arrived yesterday at was quite disappointing. ๐Ÿฅบ

issues:
1. Small ants all over the kitchen. The food we brought with us we put immediately into the fridge. Couldnโ€™t leave anything out.

2. Small and big ants all over the living room. Everywhere!

3. Big ants in the bedrooms. In the bed.
(after mentioning the issue we received a spray by the caretaker who lives next door/ wall to wall!) we sprayed! Ants died. Still so many came in again. 
4. itโ€™s not that clean. Cutlery, plates, glasses, chairs, tables toilets, etc we had to clean before using. Massive spider webs under stools, stains and hand prints on the mirrors. Little bits of trash here and there. Window between kitchen and LR is so dirty! Some black stuff under the duvet on the bed..
5. loud noises since early morning from our wall. As if theyโ€™re doing renovations. 
6. some light bulbs missing, some just not working.

7. WiFi not working most of the time.

Thereโ€™s probably more but I think I said enough. 
we contacted the owner who doesnโ€™t seem to live here.

explained everything. Wrote all in detail but only got a tiny response to only one issue: the cleanliness. A woman can come and clean - the one who was responsible for cleaning before. 
the owner literally ignores all our other questions and issues.

we documented almost everything.

we only have 4 days and weโ€™re far away so itโ€™s not easy or even possible to leave.

we agreed for the cleaning lady to come.

what should we do? The other issues are still there and itโ€™s affecting our holidays ๐Ÿ˜ž weโ€™re really upset, the room with the ant infestation (really big ants) is not usable as they also go under the duvet. The owner doesnโ€™t seem to care.

Iโ€™ve stayed in airbnbs in this country and so many others and never faced issues like this. 
Are we eligible for a partial refund? ๐Ÿ˜ž

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nika1601 You need to raise this with Airbnb as soon as possible. They may refund the cleaning fees but basically if you continue to stay then you will probably have to pay for your stay.

Thank you so much for your reply. 
we donโ€™t have another place to go to as itโ€™s not possible for us to get out of here. Weโ€™re quite far away from the city. 

if we raise it with Airbnb, would they not kick us out of the place? 

@Nika1601 No they won't. They should find you another place to go and then you would have to find a taxi but I can see that might not be easy. What you cannot do is continue with the stay and then expect a big discount. What you can do is leave an honest review.