Potential guest is actually booking for an "employee". At what point does a host learn who the "employee" is?

Cairo5
Level 1
Portland, OR

Potential guest is actually booking for an "employee". At what point does a host learn who the "employee" is?

We recently listed 1/2 of our duplex for rent on AirBnB. Within 30 minutes someone requested to book for 2-months long and said: 

"I have an employee coming in and working a temp assignment for 2 months. Please let me know what additional information you need for his stay."

My questions are: 
– Is this allowed per AirBnB rules? The requestor has two reviews and does not appear to be posting for an actual company. 

– At point do we, as the host, learn who is actually staying at our house? 

– If anything were to go wrong, who is responsible for any damages? The guest? Or the person who has booked our AirBnB for the guest? 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Cairo5

Please snooze your listing while you have a look at the Airbnb Help website which has lots of FAQs around how you manage your STR on Airbnb.

You shouldn't accept Airbnb bookings from third parties. Unless they are booking through the Airbnb at Work scheme. It's also not a good idea to take long term bookings when you start as you should be building up your reviews (are you providing a high long term discount).

Tell the person who wants to book that it needs to be an Airbnb at Work booking. In this way the person booking has access to your listing description, house rules, etc and you are covered if there are problems with the booking

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/927

You will then know who will be stay when they book and the employer is responsible in case of damages/broken house rules etc.

Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Cairo5 

Would love to hear what you decided to do in the end 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines