Question from guests, Please help, How it's possible to get compensation because we didn't have hot water in apartment and taked cold shower instead

Nataliia25
Level 2
Sablet, France

Question from guests, Please help, How it's possible to get compensation because we didn't have hot water in apartment and taked cold shower instead

Hello community! 

We taked Airbnb long-term reservation in Greece Heraklion and from 1st day no hot water here, but next day evening situation was refixed by host. Anyway we lost time during waiting of plumber and lose money making a lot of international calls to Airbnb support. In result I feel scammed and no happy like before our family trip here. We wanted to cancel problem reservation and get refund under AirCover, seems like Airbnb taked "host- side". When now situation was solved, we have hot water can I ask about compensation for passed days, because taking cold shower - I didn't had it in my plans, host didn't provide other alternative hot-shower option (he has a lots of apartments) No apologize from host, no compensation right now and silence from Airbnb team - I sended all screenshots, photos and messages to them. Please help with advice. Thanks in advance.

Nataliia and Maksym, guests 

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes you can ask for a discount for days without hot water .

I think Airbnb suggests 20% @Nataliia25 

Hello,

Thanks a lot, Helen

I'm a little confused: because Airbnb in app making all for close my issue with compensation. They didn't send to me any steps how I can get compensation for passed days in apartment without main amenities - hot water.

Hi Nataliia

I’m a Support Ambassador with Airbnb.

We noticed you have another open case thread with us. To avoid confusion, we'll close this thread and support you on the other.

Best

After 2 days by sending regular messages from my side to Airbnb support in the app and X (Twitter) - they're writed only "cold answer" with no steps or recommendations 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you raised a claim with the host for compensation @Nataliia25 . if not start there. 

Nicholas828
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

I would check out and leave then file a claim. Your stay didn't meet minimum housing standards which is covered via AirCover. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Nataliia25 👋

Sorry to hear your stay wasn't what you expected. For more information or if you have a problem or issue during your stay please see this article.

I hope this helps, 

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines