Quiet Period After Initial Bookings - Is It Due to Being a New Listing?

Answered!

Quiet Period After Initial Bookings - Is It Due to Being a New Listing?

I have some problem. I listed my property in December 2023, I received 6 bookings and other 3 bookings from other website within one week, then it’s quite, receiving no further booking. Just wonder if it’s because of new listing? 

Hope you will catch up! 

Cheers

Alice

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Alice1572 

As a newbie on Airbnb, your listing will have been given a special nudge to get you up and running and it worked as you received some great bookings.  This honeymoon period doesn't last long though and now you have joined the ranks of all the other hosts for your area and the algorithm has probably many, many listings to choose from but only 15 pages to show them so not everyone gets picked😥

For a lot of us, competition has never been so high with more and more listings coming on the market recently and plus the fact that the winter months are so much quieter.  This is probably different for you of course😉

You have great reviews so things will pick up but it would seem that a lot of us (not all) are going through an exceptionally quiet period.  

Fingers crossed and all the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Alice1572 

As a newbie on Airbnb, your listing will have been given a special nudge to get you up and running and it worked as you received some great bookings.  This honeymoon period doesn't last long though and now you have joined the ranks of all the other hosts for your area and the algorithm has probably many, many listings to choose from but only 15 pages to show them so not everyone gets picked😥

For a lot of us, competition has never been so high with more and more listings coming on the market recently and plus the fact that the winter months are so much quieter.  This is probably different for you of course😉

You have great reviews so things will pick up but it would seem that a lot of us (not all) are going through an exceptionally quiet period.  

Fingers crossed and all the best

Joëlle

Hello Joelle, 

Thanks for your reply. You made me feeling a little relaxed.  It’s very helpful information. 

I received two new bookings and two inquiries yesterday. I am in Australia where is summer at moment, it supposes a hot holiday season. I noticed higher competitions near my house, finger crossed, wish the journey is smooth onward! 

Thanks again. 

Regards

Alice

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Alice1572,

That's great you've got some booking and that @Joelle43 put your mind at ease! If you put an '@' before the members name, they'll get a notification to let them know you've replied 😊

It's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

If you need any help, just shout.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines