Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

ROKU Smart TV Guest Mode

Julie660
Level 4
Rockford, IL

ROKU Smart TV Guest Mode

With 11 listings, that's 11 TV's to constantly have to log people out of their streaming programs.  It's a time consuming pain!  I stumbled across Guest Mode hidden way down in a sub menu.  This is a game changer for us!  I know it sounds like a little thing, but it's really going to save us a bunch of time and headache.  Just wondering if I am the only host that didn't know about Guest mode?  LOL

Thanks,

Julie

3 Replies 3

I did not know there was a "Guest Mode." Thank you!

We were going to put a Roku box in our apartment with the option for our family to log on when they're there but wondered how to partition out for guests without buying a second unit. This will be a game changer for sure! 🙂

https://blog.roku.com/auto-sign-out-mode

Kathleane0
Level 2
Santa Ana, CA

I haven't found Roku Guest Mode to work perfectly. It does work, but I've searched and searched and cannot find out how to add streaming apps to the Guest Mode home screen. There are a few preloaded apps but I get a "failed" message every time I try to add another streaming app as if I were a guest.

I'm trying to find another solution because I don't think it's acceptable for a guest to only have access to 4 preloaded apps which they may or may not have an account with. If they don't have an account with Netflix or the other few apps then they can't watch TV.

Option 3: create a new Roku account for the guest TV. Add free apps to the home screen, so the TV setup would be similar to a hotel. Maybe also add some of the more common paid apps, which they'd have to sign into and out of on their own.

Update - I removed Guest Mode. Turned off the TV. Turned it back on. Returned on Guest Mode and now it's working perfectly. Thing is that I had previously setup Guest Mode a few months ago on this TV and it worked perfectly. When I decided to see how it was working while cleaning the room, it wasn't working. It's such a great solution for the whole "guest watching TV" situation (and haven't been able to find anything comparable) though that I think it's worth checking it every now and then to be sure it's working or simply asking each guest if it's working for them.