Rennovation works next door

Rennovation works next door

Hello everyone. I’m new to the help centre and need some advice please. 
the property next door to my town house is to commence a full renovation in the next month fir 12-18 months - there will be scaffold erected and some noise disturbance both during the week and st weekend occasionally. 
I would like to advise guests of this in advance of them booking in a polite way but not discouraging them to book.

Any advice or proposed wording would be much appreciated.

many thanks 

2 Replies 2
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Louise1117   I agree, you certainly need to address this issue.  If you have not already done so, I would advise contacting all your upcoming guests that are likely to be affected by these works, let them know what is happening and offer them either a small discount for the inconvenience or the option to cancel penalty free regardless of your cancellation policy… because beyond any doubt, although some guests will be ok with it there are many more who will use it as an opportunity to get a refund or leave an unpleasant review.  Whatever you do, don’t cancel yourself and keep is all on Airbnb messaging.

For future bookings I would mention clearly in your listing that there are ‘some renovation works being carried out in the adjacent property which may cause some noise issues during working hours and that you have already adjusted your nightly rate to reflect this possible inconvenience’

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Louise1117 Definitely inform booked and future guests. However, I would offer 25-50% discount because a total renovation of a next door neighbor’s property for 12-18 months will subject guests to all kinds of undesirables: unbelievable noise, construction dust, dirt and field mice. It also brings strangers (workers) next door. 

TBH, as a guest, I would be hard pressed to pick a property with renovations next door going on, especially if I’m vacationing and/or working remotely. 

This is just some food for thought.