Review not posted despite 14 days having passed.

Liane713
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Review not posted despite 14 days having passed.

Downstairs common area air filter.Downstairs common area air filter.Upstairs shower backs up and leaks through the house, down to the kitchen. Drips off cabinet. Mold issue.Upstairs shower backs up and leaks through the house, down to the kitchen. Drips off cabinet. Mold issue.Checked in. Was hot. Turned down the AC. Left for dinner. 2 hours later, it's still 77-78 degrees upstairs and in master. Set to 50, and yet indoor temp (smaller text below the 50) still 77*.Checked in. Was hot. Turned down the AC. Left for dinner. 2 hours later, it's still 77-78 degrees upstairs and in master. Set to 50, and yet indoor temp (smaller text below the 50) still 77*.Master bedroom air filter.Master bedroom air filter.Upstairs AC unit air filter.Upstairs AC unit air filter.

I'm incredibly frustrated with airbnb. I had an awful experience with my stay in Hollywood, FL, and I'm realizing that airbnb likely will never let you post negative reviews.

Had no working AC the first night. Master bedroom AC didn't work at all the second time. The air filters had not been changed in at least 6 months, if not a year. (I had to find the units, swap the air filters -- weren't the right size.)

$4,000 to stay for 2 nights in a "mansion" that had no working A/C, electricity failed for one of the bedrooms + bathrooms for an entire night, shower upstairs backed up to the point where it was dripping water off the downstairs kitchen cabinet (mold, I wonder??).

In addition, it was dirty - sand piles left behind, rhinestones left behind, the floor was disgusting. I have pictures and videos of the entire mess.

This was a location for my bridesmaids and the groomsmen to get ready on the day of the wedding, and it was so much stress to add. I literally just handed the phone to one of the guys to deal with the airbnb host.

I'm appalled at the state of that home, and I think it's absolutely egregious that I can't post my review for it. It has been over 3 weeks since my trip, and tbh if this isn't resolved, I will never use airbnb again. How can I trust that my stay will be decent if I can't even properly review a place?

The best part? A review posted for the site in April 2023 -- same problems. I'm SO disappointed in airbnb.

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Liane713 I would have some sympathy except you set the aircon to 50. This would almost certainly cause it to freeze and fail. Why set it so low?

The original temp we had it at. It's 10:45PM in this photo. Set the AC to 70 before dinner, came home, and it's still 77 internal temp in the house.The original temp we had it at. It's 10:45PM in this photo. Set the AC to 70 before dinner, came home, and it's still 77 internal temp in the house.The original temp we had it at. It's 10:45PM in this photo. Set the AC to 70 before dinner, came home, and it's still 77 internal temp in the house.The original temp we had it at. It's 10:45PM in this photo. Set the AC to 70 before dinner, came home, and it's still 77 internal temp in the house.

Added pictures if it helps. 

The AC never dipped lower than 77. We originally had it set to 70 degrees when we realized it was hot upstairs. Settled in, then went out to dinner. We came back after dinner, and it was STILL 77 degrees internally. Called the host, who said to take the air filter out and leave it out. He said to leave the AC temp low to see if it'd help with cooling down, so we just lowered it to 50 because we were hot and frustrated.

In the AM, it was still 77. The coolest it may have gotten was 76, but it kept going back up to 77, sometimes 78. The 50 did nothing. Just ensured it stayed on.

Liane713
Level 2
Dallas, TX

The leak: https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0e5VOBSmQS-8OaQBiycbQlZdA 

It was so hot in the house, we were trying to figure out lights to turn off to help cool down the indoor temps. I turned off a patio light by accident, realized it was an outdoor light, and so I turned it back on. That blew a fuse somewhere, causing the downstairs dining room, front door lights (indoor entry way chandelier and outdoor porch), bedroom beside the door and the adjacent bathroom to lose electricity. So not only did the guests in that room have a hot house, they couldn't even turn on the fan to at least get airflow.

Here's the video: https://www.icloud.com/photos/#092x4dC2bKEesJovwDhJuQ8bw

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

What were the reviews for this place like, when you booked it?

Hi! The reviews looked great, and anything mentioned wasn’t specified. Everyone said the host was communicative, which he was. I don’t know if I’m allowed to drop the airbnb, but it was this one. 

**[Identifiable information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

5E0F3E32-D1CE-4FCD-8563-93AF9D394BB9.png

08AE4500-B1A4-410B-B5D8-9599758D42FC.jpegThis was the review I tried to leave. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Liane713 ,

If you were not at all allowed to post the review, could it be due to the number of exceeded characters? I can see a warning of the limit reached in red in the above screenshot.

Perhaps, reducing the character count and limiting it to 1000 would let you post a review?

Also, please note that while I appreciate you sharing your concerns with us, I had to remove the identifiable link of the listing from your response below as per the  Community Center Guidelines. Thanks for understanding!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

No worries on removing the link!

And, no, I hit the 1,000 character limit exactly, so it was within limits. 🙂

Airbnb got back to me and said it was because my review was "biased and retaliatory," but they're further investigating since it wasn't? I had ongoing conversation via airbnb's messaging system with the host, and had sent pictures to the host. So everything I'd written in my review was accurate to the experience I had.

I even gave the airbnb 5* for ease of access and 4* for communication. My stay I rated 2* - not even 1 lol.

Hopefully, it will be resolved.