Review on bad guests

Valentina1125
Level 2
Milan, Italy

Review on bad guests

Hi I'm Valentina it's my First time that I write here and I need and advice: 2 weeks ago i had bad guests: completly lake of comunication, they ruined bath towels with black hair dye and also One of the bed cover. I didnt want to leave even a review, as they have been uneducated but I don't want tò get a bad review as a replay, what do you suggest? Would you leave a review anyway or leave as It Is? Many thanks for your comments

7 Replies 7
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Valentina1125 

You only have 14 days to leave a review 2 weeks ago sounds like your time has passed?

Today Is my last day to leave a review thanks

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I disagree with @Zheng49 advice @Valentina1125 

it's unlikely if the guest hasn't left a review so far that they will leave one now. As a community of hosts we rely on each other to leave honest reviews to help warn each other about problem guests. 

if you haven't made a claim for damages which would have alerted the guests to your concerns I would leave an honest review.

As a host that has instant booking turned on, while reviews help me, they don't help me as much as reporting to Airbnb does. @Helen3 

A guest may have several negative reviews, but will STILL be able to instant book my place. A guest that has been reported to Airbnb several times will probably not be able to book my place, on the other hand. 

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Well for me I wouldn't leave a review in this case, since the chance to get a bad review in this case is indeed higher than average.

You could report it to Airbnb though, and tell them what happened. As it's not a safety related issue it should be fine. 

Thanks you very much for your suggestion that I follow and appreciate! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Valentina1125 , We've seen Hosts in the Community usually advice on leaving honest reviews for guests. How did you eventually deal with this situation? Did you leave an honest review for the guest?

What did the guest say in their review for you?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines