Review on bad guests

Valentina1125
Level 2
Milan, Italy

Review on bad guests

Hi I'm Valentina it's my First time that I write here and I need and advice: 2 weeks ago i had bad guests: completly lake of comunication, they ruined bath towels with black hair dye and also One of the bed cover. I didnt want to leave even a review, as they have been uneducated but I don't want tò get a bad review as a replay, what do you suggest? Would you leave a review anyway or leave as It Is? Many thanks for your comments

6 Replies 6
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Valentina1125 

You only have 14 days to leave a review 2 weeks ago sounds like your time has passed?

Today Is my last day to leave a review thanks

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I disagree with @Zheng49 advice @Valentina1125 

it's unlikely if the guest hasn't left a review so far that they will leave one now. As a community of hosts we rely on each other to leave honest reviews to help warn each other about problem guests. 

if you haven't made a claim for damages which would have alerted the guests to your concerns I would leave an honest review.

As a host that has instant booking turned on, while reviews help me, they don't help me as much as reporting to Airbnb does. @Helen3 

A guest may have several negative reviews, but will STILL be able to instant book my place. A guest that has been reported to Airbnb several times will probably not be able to book my place, on the other hand. 

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Well for me I wouldn't leave a review in this case, since the chance to get a bad review in this case is indeed higher than average.

You could report it to Airbnb though, and tell them what happened. As it's not a safety related issue it should be fine. 

Thanks you very much for your suggestion that I follow and appreciate!