Review

Review

I had a guest stay at the house, she was only in the home a total of 1.5 hours. She was asked to leave the home by police after having a large amount of people some of which were jumping off my home roof and deck (which is about 15 feet in the air since it’s a treehouse). The guests were asked to vacate the home by police after complaints started pouring in right after they arrived. They broke many house rules including having a party which I have evidence of all. The guest of course left a retaliatory review and made many completely false claims in the review since I enforced the house rules that they agreed too. Now Airbnb refuses to support me as a host and refuses to follow their own guidelines and take down this retaliatory review. I had a perfect 5.0 star rate and this 1 star revenge review will unfortunately force me to close my listing on Airbnb since I don’t work this hard as a host to allow someone to completely trash my home and be left with the circumstances

6 Replies 6

Hi @Isabel5169 

It does look like your listing was suspended as your profile just says "Guest". This often happens anytime a party is reported to Airbnb by you or neighbors. The listing is suspended while Airbnb "investigates". Be sure to get a copy of the police report to add to your evidence and submit that to Airbnb along with whatever other proof you have. 

Then I suggest to continue trying to get the review removed as retaliatory. We are not able to see the review, so not sure what was said. You can always list on another platform as well if you feel that is necessary.

Hi Joan. Thanks for the reply. I greatly appreciate it. I think it says guest because I’ve delisted the property for now. I have a complete copy of the video surveillance of the guest with the police officer and their conversation which she lied to them as well. There is no official report since the guest left on her own. I do have plenty of video of the guest and all the other people she brought and all the highly dangerous and illegal things they did the 1.5 hrs they were there including jumping off the deck and roof. As for the review “

My family (Son, daughter in law & grandsons) & 1 arrived Saturday, July 13th from Charlotte, NC to help me move from Savannah to HHI. We got to rental Saturday at 4:30 and within maybe 15 minutes I was told someone was watching on us arriving and we had too many guests. My grandson & good friend drove that morning to help from NC & car broke down hour & 15 minutes away from HHI. My son after driving here after work to help his mom went to go pick my stranded grandson & friend. We unpacked from my old location from Savannah to my new rental starting after this rental. Text messages started coming saying we too many & was NOT given an opportunity to find a solution. We were asked to vacate immediately. I explained situation & when sheriff/guard showed up with badges saying he had a complaint. I showed Aironb correspondence saying l had family coming 1 night, aware of this.

$5700 later we were gone, no help or accommodations. I offered to pay extra... believe discrimination happened”.    

The vast majority of the review is false to begin with, she never said she was bringing a large group or I would have declined, she offered to pay more, etc. All of this Airbnb can see as well when the issue started I let Airbnb know immediately and I followed their advice exactly as instructed. She left the property after 1.5 hours of being there and making a mess and after her dog urinated in the house. Airbnb is telling me they can’t do anything about retaliatory reviews now. I had all 5 stars so far and feel this guest is retaliating because she was not allowed to keep the large group of young underage men in the house against the rules. I appreciate all ideas on how to handle this situation. 

@Isabel5169 

So a neighbor complained about too many guests?

Yes someone complained that there was a large number of guests being rambunctious I guess and since they were leaping off the deck they were concerned since the home is a small treehouse and is elevated so the home and deck is up off the ground by about 12-15 feet so jumping off can be quite dangerous. 

@Isabel5169 

Ok...there should still be a police incident report you should be able to get a copy of, even if they left voluntarily. They have to document each call they go on, even if the guests were not cited officially. I would get a copy of that. Worth checking with the police dept.

Yes I certainly can get a copy of the call log or something from them. When I asked for a report the first time they told me there’s no real report just the call. I have no problem providing that as well if available but I keep getting told immediately that Airbnb will not do anything about these type of reviews.