Reviewing a guest - wasn’t the guest that booked

Jennifer3217
Level 2
Shallotte, NC

Reviewing a guest - wasn’t the guest that booked

I had someone book my guesthouse on short notice. That happens here and there so that wasn’t a red flag for me. He had one review. Not a bad one, just some damage to a wall but they quickly offered to pay for damages and notified the host immediately. 
Anyway, to the point. 
the person that stayed was NOT the person that booked. The people that stayed were two young teenagers, and their .. I suppose parents.. dropped them off. No damage to the property, a broken mug, wasn’t made aware. There was a dog leash left, which we don’t allow dogs, (ofc service dogs are by law, and I know they can have them without notifying us…) but never saw a dog. I never keep a lookout though, so who knows. But the top sheet, comforter and pillow cases were washed, which was odd. Anyway, how would you rate this guest? Home is fine, besides the broken mug… happens. But I will not host again because it was not the actual guest, which showed a 50+ YO male. Would other hosts want to know this? Can I say this in the review? Should I give any low ratings??

Thanks in advance!!

1 Reply 1
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Jennifer3217 

I would mark communication very low.  You can state bad communication because you were not aware of the change in actual Guests that stayed in comparison to what was approved.