Reviews left my host

Reviews left my host

Currently Stationed here in Germany and been 2 multiple Airbnbs or hotels

But for some reason I'm getting negative reviews that makes absolutely  no sense.

Mainly it's me Leaving the room dirtier then when I arrived.

Got an air bnb last night followed all rules left shoes at door

Even tried to remake the bed before leaving

Put my trash in the bin but they said I left it dirtier then what they are used too. Do I need to start taking pictures to protect myself???

8 Replies 8
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Dorian143 I checked the reviews. It is saying something different, not "Leaving the room dirtier then when I arrived".

@Till-and-Jutta0 

So, to me that sounds like it was dirty when he arrived he just left it dirtier, 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Dorian143 

I don't quite understand @Till-and-Jutta0  so not sure what they are referring to.

I have read your reviews and two hosts do mention cleanliness issues. If you followed the hosts house rules I am not sure why that might be.

Did you wash up after yourself? Did you follow the rules for check out? If so, I am not sure why you are getting negative reviews around cleanliness. 

I can only suggest you  ask the hosts you stayed with why they have marked you down for cleanliness and see what they say.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

@Helen3  schrieb:

I don't quite understand @Till-and-Jutta0  so not sure what they are referring to. [...]

I’m referring the review from December 2022: For privacy reasons I will not copy the text here, so please read what was stated there. It was not stated “Leaving the room dirtier then when I arrived”, but something different.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Dorian143   I don't think you need to take pictures.  AirBnB CS won't care.  

However, you have received two reviews that implied that your hosts were not happy.  Had I received these reviews, I would have wanted to know how I could be a better guest.  Assuming that these were rooms in a person's home, are you tidy in the shared bathroom?  Leave the seat up or down?  Your towel on the floor or draped over the door?  Did you make use of the kitchen and leave crumbs on the counter or take a dish of food to your room?  Did you eat in the room?  Did you leave food containers in a bedroom bin that did not have a liner/bag or did you put them in the kitchen bin?   Did you leave off your shoes inside the door but dripping on the floor and not on the mat or shoe tray?

My cousin is German, and her housekeeping would cause most Americans to roll their eyes at her fastidiousness/fussiness. So, think about your actions while you were a guest.  Would your grandmother or mother approve?  If the host seemed friendly (up until their review) ask for some clarification on how you can be a better guest.  Apologize, don't argue.  Just get their perspective.  Oh -- my military spouse's comment was "What would your drill sergeant think?"

That's the thing I'm trying to understand. I laid on top of the sheets, only had 2 small boxes and a shake that I disposed of in their trash bin no shoes were left out I took them off at the door and placed them in the directed bin. I always put the seat down I touched nothing else. I even tried to make the bed myself (even though it was laid on by me) if I can pass an barracks room inspection by my Nco and higher idk what I'm missing 😅😅😅 no argument just genuinely  confused do I need to paint the walls I'll take pictures before and after if need be

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dorian143 I wonder if you are concentrating on the wrong things. There is no point making the bed as it will have to be stripped and washed anyway. Just make sure you are aware of what hosts have in their rules for check out and make sure you comply.

Jennifer1897
Level 10
Irvine, CA

Standards of clean are somewhat subjective. However, complaints coming from two different host with two different rentals, does raise concern. As other hosts have mentioned, make sure you are reading the house rules and check out instructions thoroughly.  Check out instructions are often an area that is overlooked and can result in a negative or less than stellar review. 

If you would like more insight, you can always reach out to the host as well and ask what areas you can improve in.