Reviews

Reviews

Hi everyone.

Just a quick question to see your views.

We have noticed that the reviews system  isn't showing a true overview and finding it a little frustrating .we have found that the guests have worked out that if They are rule breaking they don't review the property then we can't leave feedback for them 

So how is this a fair way..

We have had a recent guest that booked for just herself then 7 of them had a sleepover in her words .

Party In my words.

Do you find that the rule breaking guests are wise to airbnb review system ??

2 Replies 2

Hi Paul,

I completely understand your frustration. It does seem like some guests are aware of how to sidestep the review process by avoiding leaving feedback, which prevents you from holding them accountable through the same system. It’s definitely a flaw in how reviews work, and it doesn’t feel fair when guests break rules and there’s no way for you to warn other hosts.

The key might be focusing more on prevention and taking action when rules are violated. Clear communication about your house rules before and during the stay is important, as well as involving Airbnb directly when serious issues like parties or extra guests occur. Even without the review option, you can report these behaviors to Airbnb, which can result in warnings or penalties for guests. Additionally, repeat offenders of house rules are sometimes removed by Airbnb on their community. 

It's also useful to ensure that systems are in place to help you monitor things like guest numbers or rule violations. This can help you catch issues early, and using Airbnb’s support for evidence-based reporting is a good way to hold guests accountable outside of the review system.

It's not a perfect solution, but being proactive in these situations can help protect your property and prevent future issues.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Paul11446  You are able to leave a review for guests regardless of if they leave one for you, so I'm not sure what you're saying. If you're saying that you can't, that's not true. 

Your review will post 14 days after the reservation has ended, whether the guest leaves one or not. End of story.