Reviews

Answered!
Farzan28
Level 1
Pleasanton, CA

Reviews

I have had one of my most nightmarish day with Airbnb so far. Im sure it may not seem like much compared to the true horror stories I've seen here with bad guests, but I have put a lot of time and effort in to my listing and to even start a good basis of cliental, have even placed the price lower then what I pay for my apartment to get started with the experience of hosting guests. So far I have excelled and have met all of my guests need and have done everything right. Upon the completion of my last guests stay, he rushed in reviewing me and accidentally clicked 4 star for my location instead of 5 star and immediately reached out to me to apologize and asked for help to change it. After countless calls with Airbnb Representatives I was offered no solution in the event of a accidental place of stars in a review or any way to find a solution for me not to lose my accolade on my airbnb listing that said "100% of recent guests have rated this location 5 stars". Even though it may have been small, it meant a lot to me as someone who sacrificed everything to make this dream possible and Airbnb my career.  It makes my page feel empty and takes away all I have worked for to achieve that, all because of a mistake. I hope a better system can be put in place to help rectify reviews, even in a short period of time after they have been posted, if the guest and host agree to it especially if it was clicked wrong accidentally. It has really hurt me and I wouldn't wish any other Host to be in this position. 

1 Best Answer
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Farzan28  I'm sorry that  happened and yes much about airbnb's review system is unfair.  With that said, you are going to eventually run into an actual 'bad' guest, maybe not someone who is destructive or dangerous, but someone who will give you a 3 or 4 rating for a totally insane, oddball reason.  You need to emotionally distance yourself from the reviews and the ratings,  when you get a really unfair review you don't want to let it have so much impact.  Good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

31 Replies 31
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

Farzan 28 Mark is right of course Farzan, relax , but having said that , your guest can have the review removed , ask them to. Not changed ,but removed,    but they must do it , not you , you trying to do it is an overreach ,    yes the star system sucks  ....  H

Carol7608
Level 2
Consett, United Kingdom

its apathetic system they have. It all works from logarithams, Theres not enough people to deal with the situations and most ofthe support workers dont know what their doing.as to why the guest gave you the low score which can be very unfare.

for example a guest sends a photo of staines on towel  doesnt inform host first , the support worker accepts the picture then the guest gives you a 1 for it. that shouldnt be allowed because the guest should of gone to the host first and the support worker should of reminded the guest to do that.

This was a case with me im packing itin and im going back to renting