Reviews

Brittany533
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

Reviews

Does anybody else have a problem with getting Airbnb to remove retaliatory reviews? We has a guest leave a one star after cancelling their reservation and I decided to uphold the cancellation policy. Even in the review she wrote this is why she is giving a one star but the customer support says it does not violate the policy even though the policy cleary says - "Reviews may not be provided or withheld in exchange for something of value—like a discount, refund, reciprocal review, or promise not to take negative action against the reviewer. They also may not be used as an attempt to mislead or deceive Airbnb or another person. For example, guests should not write biased or inauthentic reviews as a form of retaliation against a Host who enforces a policy or rule."

4 Replies 4
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Brittany533 

She  is    stating her opinion  of   your  policy   which   doesn't  agree with your opinion.

Sorry,,   that  isn't considered   retaliatory

It is not my opinion though it is the policy.  The policy which she agreed to before booking as well as the fact that from Airbnb themself it states - guests should not write biased or inauthentic reviews as a form of retaliation against a Host who enforces a policy or rule."

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Brittany533  You failed to mention that the guest actually checked in. Unfortunately, they are entitled to review if that's the case. It would be a hard sell in getting this review removed. 

They checked in for 20 minutes complained that no AC was working and checked out. The ACs were serviced two weeks prior. As she checked out I went personally to check on the units myself and they were fine. She turned up 6 hours before check-in demanding and early check-in. She responded to none of the previous attempts of asking if she had any special requests before the day of check-in.  The previous guest had checked out early so we told her we can try to be ready for her at about 1 but also complained to Airbnb that we had her waiting.