Wes, that you are in a mess is clear. We went your way - didn't work. Tried to make you see our way, it got worse. Lets go back 'to your style' . The fact that you have not said 1 single THANKS to even 1 person helping you - makes me Like you even more. Please don't do it now, or i would invoke the Absolute Privilege from Council of Elders (where I belong as a Level 10 operative) and might even Ban you.
If your problems start on logic & semantics would be half bad...but see how you describe things: After spending about 5 days in the new place my wfe was getting eaten at night by unknown creatures as she slept. The average world citizen [with only 1 Wife] would be terrified - right here! If our wives are 'eaten at night by unknown creatures' we would change Continent. You casually move next door. Add a laughing owner. A full conspiracy later on. And we have a HORROR STORY. I thought at first - Americans are tough, since you deal daily with UFO-s, Zombies, etc. In Europe we forgive each-other even genocide but no Country can hold a sporting event & call it WORLD series!
Now we start.
A quick recap on what has gone on, lets simplify it
.* You went for holiday in Aug-Sept.
* You changed accommodation.
So, you made 2 bookings [not 3] It was the HOST who should have done this, and explained to you. See what Huma says:
"As for transferring the booking, I think you misunderstand.
* host should have sent you an alteration request,
* changing the booking from one listing to another.
* the guest then just has to accept it and it's a done deal.
* No paperwork to file.
* There would also be no additional payment, "
Here is the entire solution/ re-cap to your case.
from Huma a superhost, that's best advice you will ever get here
Re-read it, I broke it in parts to make it even simpler 1-5 steps.
Your host did not do alteration, instead:
- You paid twice,
- for 2 properties [seems in full]
- but for same period of time.
Now who has the money?
~ 100% the HOST.
Airbnb keeps the money 1-2 days
and then goes: guest-airbnb-host.
[1.] did he see that you have no idea [as average new guest] how this is done and took advantage of you? [irrelevant now, you need to get the money and not accuse anyone]
[.2] was he ignorant of this himself? [ he is a superhost, has 2 properties, must have switch ppl before etc...but it can happen] we don't know.
What to do?
Go back to airbnb, with open mind *** and PHONE THEM. No need to keep records [paperwork you call it] There are only two records you need:
* Payments & Dates, they can see them, same as you.
1. Explain this 'alteration Bit' that Host DID NOT DO.
2. Say I paid twice. Despite being '2 properties is = same host = same period.
Ask them to take money back from the Host and refund you. Wait for their reply and pursue this for a while. No extra details, or words anymore. After Airbnb speaks - you may tell VINCENT [the smiling surf-dude] 'you did not do the alteration and can you refund my money' If none does it [I think AIRBNB if you speak in precise way might do it] then you go to:
* Your bank, file a charge-back claim [here big guys fight - airbnb then wont continue with you] show them your paperwork and process, In Aibrnb there are some limits [some say 60 days for refunds some have gotten more, i dont know this well] Chargeback in UK is 120days, in USA i dont know.
* Small Claims Court.
* Both Vincent + Aibrnb - if you want.
do not listen to what you will be told here 'when you joined In you did sing not to take AIBRNB to court' & yes you did...BUT WE do not sign OUR Constitutional & Human Rights away to online platforms...is just their mambo-jumbo [law of sovereign states is always supreme]
How much to ask? Your original $3,000. + 1,000 for time spent [here is when your 'paperwork' comes handy...produce it in court] if it was me I would add another $1,000 - remember unknown creatures? bits they took away/ ate from the Wife? So total =$5.000!
**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]