Rodents at property

Rodents at property

I was wondering if anyone can help me? I'm having a nightmare with airbnb customer services. I reported a rodent infestation at the property I'm staying at, but since i reported it about 3 days ago (after having some challenging interactions with the maintenance person here) I have had 6 customer service representatives take over my case. Every time the new person doesn't understand the situation, I explain, they say they understand and they will look into the case but nothing happens, then the process starts again with the next employee. I'm getting so frustrated. I really don't know what to do. Any help would be most welcome! @Stephanie@Quincy@Liv @Nick

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Maria19123 I would try a Twitter approach to Airbnb asking why they are not taking action to find you a new place to stay. Airbnb doesnt like bad publicity.

That's a very good idea thank you! 

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Maria19123,

If you've notified the host, and haven't gotten an appropriate response, you can also contact the health department that has jurisdiction over the area where you are staying and report the infestation.   

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

The best place to post is the “better business bureau”. Twitter too but start with BBB first! 

Hello Maria -

I am so sorry to hear about the situation at the property where you are staying. 

I would suggest this: 

I would only use the Airbnb platform to contact the host who rented you the property.  Doing so will allow Airbnb to have a record of you interactions with your host.  In addition I would take photos that clearly show the situation (droppings, or other things that show a rodent problem). 

I would inform the host that you would like to depart, and would kindly ask your them (while using the Airbnb messaging platform)  to change in your reservation, and to have the days not used refunded.   Once that is done, find a new place to stay. You can start looking before all is worked out.

I would also contact Airbnb, and have them create a case regarding this situation.  If you are not getting responses from the host, that is something you can inform Airbnb.  Airbnb will get involved.

I  have had issues in the past with guests, and found Airbnb to be very supportive and gave me solid guidance as to best how to handle the situation. 

Again, very sorry to hear about your situation. 

Best, 

John 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Just curious, how would you describe a 'rodent infestation'?

Gina2084
Level 2
Black Diamond, WA

Post on the “better business bureau” and report airbnb for their inaction and your dissatisfaction. Good luck- that sounds AWFUL!