Safety / Double Standard with Host versus Guests

Debrianna0
Level 1
Costa Mesa, CA

Safety / Double Standard with Host versus Guests

Community, have your ever had a guest break house rules and blatantly lie on a review, while trying to extort a refund or they threaten to give a bad review? This happened to me as a Superhost, and AirBNB will not take down the negative review but they blocked MY review instead. I should be shocked, but this is not the first time AirBNB takes the side of guests over hosts.

1 Reply 1
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Debrianna0 Yes, it happens. If they take down my review for the guest, I call and ask for it to be reinstated. 

As far as the review for you, this takes a bit more prep work. Make sure that things are documented either through chat during the stay if you think things are heading downhill or with pictures at check out. You do not have to confront the guest, but document enough you an use later. For example, if guest is having extra people: "Hi! I noticed a few extra guests. I am so glad you are enjoying the space however unfortunately the fire does not allow more than XX people at the property". Or if they parked in the wrong spot :"Hi! I am so happy I could help you with the right parking space! Let me know if you need assistance again". Basically, even if you spoke to them, reiterate it in writing so if you can show to Airbnb they were the ones breaking the rules.

If you care to share more specifics about what happened, you might get a bit more specific and relevant response

I hope this helps