Sending a picture to a potential guest

Answered!
Shawna1
Level 2
Galveston, TX

Sending a picture to a potential guest

I have a potential guest who has asked about navigating my steep stairs in a wedding dress. I have two pictures that I took specifically for those who may have a problem with the stairs. How do I send the pix to the potential client? I don't have her contact email before booking and messages with email addresses have the address removed.

Suggestions?

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Shawna1,

How about adding the photos to your listing photos.  You can always remove them later.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

40 Replies 40

pity Yes. Me too but only if they have confirmed a booking. Not before. this is a pity as it can help to explain your place to a prospective guest. Oh well

Barbara1498
Level 2
Trenton, ME

Not working on my iphone. I also have a guest with a disability who requested pics of the bathtub. I don't really want to upload to my listing but I can't figure out how to send only to her.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Send her the photos via the airbnb email for your guest which is on your booking confirmation for the guest @Barbara1498 

can you save a photo in the "saved responses" part of he app, ie, to send a picture of the front door, or parking area?

Under Resources for Guests in the app, inside the advertised  property, there is a tab called "Instructions for arrival" (or similar wording, mine is in another language), where you can create a guide on how to arrive only for confirmed guests. This guide may include pictures and precise directions on what to do

Laelia0
Level 1
Hoorn, Netherlands

You can reply to one of their messages from your email account and add an attachment there.

Maurizio325
Level 2
Woking, United Kingdom

It seems that the iPhone app allows me to send pictures only if the booking has been confirmed both by host and guest. I think this is not a good way to do it. Very often Gusts wants to see some little detail of their interest and it would be fantastic to be able to send a picture reinsuring them that everything is fine ...
Hope the designer will allow this feature soon and of course both on the 
iPhone/Android Apps and on the web.
It would be fantastic.
Thanks

Steven165
Level 4
Chiang Mai, TH

real weakness of the air BNB system 

Helen2100
Level 2
Ashburton, United Kingdom

I have just lost a 7 night booking which was an enquiry, as i cannot find how to send her the photo she wants

@Helen2100  You can send guests photos as attachments to an email, using the coded email address Airbnb sends to guests. But you can't see that info until a reservation is confirmed, so the guest would have to go ahead and book, you would then be able to send a photo, and if she wanted, she could cancel within the full refund period.

But what photo does a guest need to see, that you don't already have in your photo gallery?

Nick593
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

I have the same problem, trying to send a couple pictures to a prospective tenant.  It is impossible, on this user unfriendly Airbnb platform.

I tried on the desktop version and on the app, it is impossible.

A total letdown by Airbnb, they take giant fees from hosts and tenants but in return we can't even send a single picture. 

I will be looking at other platforms soon.