Sending a special offer to past guests?

Answered!
Emma2711
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Sending a special offer to past guests?

As a relatively new host of just two years, I wanted to know if it was possible to send past guests a special offer for the year ahead?  Is that a done thing or not?  I would only send a special offer to people who were good guests in the past. Thanks for any tips!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Emma2711 

You could send guests a code they can quote when booking with you which gives them a discount (presuming you have collected their contact details under GDPR so you can do this).

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Emma2711 

You could send guests a code they can quote when booking with you which gives them a discount (presuming you have collected their contact details under GDPR so you can do this).

Emma2711
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you.  As I still have their messages in my inbox, can I just contact them that way?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Under GDPR you should really get permission from your guests if you want to share marketing information with them @Emma2711 

@Emma2711 Did you ever find out if this is ok to do? I've wondered if it's ok to send winter discount offers to my previous guests through the messaging system. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Melissa2436 👋

It's lovely to see you joining in conversations on the Community Center! I just wanted to pop by and share that if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗

I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Melissa2436 

No I didn't!  So I still have no idea...