Sending attachments not working

Nick2190
Level 2
Impington, United Kingdom

Sending attachments not working

I've enabled Professional Hosting tools but still can't send attachments to the email alias - how are we expected to communicate???

13 Replies 13
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nick2190 

You need to confirm the use of email-communication (select the checkbox, see link below).

You can sent attachments also via the Airbnb message system.

(only to guests with a confirmed reservation)

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2893/how-can-i-contact-guests-via-email-for-a-reservation

Nick2190
Level 2

I did this and it still does not work - replying to the alias still has attachments

stripped off.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can send attachments via Airbnb messaging on your phone @Nick2190 

Nick2190
Level 2

I don't see any option to add an attachment in the messaging facility - even after enabling it on the "Professional Tools" panel.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Cutting and pasting the document directly into the email works for me, rather than sending an attachment.

Nick2190
Level 2

10+ pages - just not practical

@Nick2190  I have always had to send a hand-drawn map to guests, as my place is difficult to find.

I also had issues having it attach to that coded email address Some guests got the attachment, some didn't. So I just explained that to guests and ask for their personal email address, also giving them mine. No guest has ever balked at that.

Nick2190
Level 2

Yes - resorted to this - Seems like this is the ONLY way - totally ridiculous!

Anyone know how to report a real problem to the powers at be???

@Nick2190  I actually don't find it objectionable to exchange email addresses with guests. And when great guests leave, I tell them to just email me if they want to come back and they can book directly.

Nick2190
Level 2

It's not objectionable - but does make hosts look unprofessional. AirBnB should have a working facility.

@Nick2190  It doesn't make hosts look unprofessional when you let the guest know it's necessary because Airbnb's email feature is glitchy. Just put the blame where it belongs.

@Nick2190  Selecting all the text in a document and pasting it in an email can be done with 2 mouse clicks.

May I ask what you send to guests that is 10 pages long? It is enough of a problem getting guests to read anything, let alone 10 pages. 🙂

Nick2190
Level 2

The house manual - can't force them to read it - but that's then their choice. If you don't tell them and they break something because they didn't know - that's then your choice - and cost.