Share Some Holiday Cheer by Sending a Card to Your Past Guests/Hosts - A Community Help Guide

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Share Some Holiday Cheer by Sending a Card to Your Past Guests/Hosts - A Community Help Guide

cheer.jpeg

Airbnb has brought back the chance for you to easily send a holiday card to your previous guests/hosts.  Here is a help guide to show you the steps.

Step 1: Go to https://www.airbnb.com/holidays

Step 2: Select which guests/hosts you would like to send the card(s) to.  You can select each individual host or choose "Select All"

Stage 2.png

Step 3Choose the type of greeting card you would like to send

Stage 3.png

Step 4: Choose the background for the card you wish to send.

Stage 4.png

Step 5: Write your message in the text box.  When you are happy with your message, send it away!

Stage 5.png

Season's Greetings everyone and I wish you all a very prosperous 2017.  May all your listings be full!

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

29 Replies 29
Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

@Dave-and-Deb0 Thanks for sharing! Thats a very neat touch. 

Dora57
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

I have just received a holiday card from my last host, but I only seem to be able to send such a greeting back to him, but none of the previous hosts I have visited.

Can someone please advise, why don't I see anyone else to select? Thank you in advance.

I have the same issue --  I'm only seeing my last host.  How do I see all of them?

Larissa57
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Great option! But --  I'm only seeing my last host.  How do I see all of them?

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

thank you for shareing very nice love it 

Veronika-and-Rainer0
Level 2
Delray Beach, FL

I was happy to receive this link by email, however not all of my guests appear, even though the ALL button is checked, but more important, I can't get to the next step. The NEXT button is dimmed and can't be clicked on. I am on a Mac, trying on Safari and Chrome as well - to no avail. I hope I can get this to work with your help - just in time.

Hi there Veronika and Rainer

I am having the same problem and have tried 3 diff browsers too.  Where do you live?  Do you think this option is only available to some countries. I'm in NZ

Layna0
Level 9
Hermanus, ZA

I have the same experience as  Veronika and Rainer. The guest list is incomplete and although the green check button shows at the top, the individual guest buttons are grayed out - dead. I cannot select / unselect any guest to send to. 

It's a really good idea though in theory. I planned to send quite personalized messages to certain really special guests and a more generic msg to the one nighters that we didnt really get a chance to connect with, but still highly appreciate. 

Using Win10 in Chrome, but same result in Edge.

Thanks for any advice!

Same! Frustrating, isn't it?

Pedro359
Level 1
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

Is there a way to view the card that I just sent? Would like to have a final "preview" or something...

Jack155
Level 2
Waco, TX

I'm having the similar problem as a few others... I can't select any guest, even when I "select all" the boxes are grey next to all the guest and when it finally gets to the screen to send it's trying to send to a host I'd stayed with. Have tried chrome and firefox, turned off all add blockers etc. Super frustrating, great feature though. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Veronika-and-Rainer0@Layna0 and @Jack155

Great to see you are enjoying the ability to send holiday cards. Thanks for highlighting the difficulty seeing all of your previous guests in the list. We have reported this back to the team looking after this, so it is a fantastic help.

I hope you have a lovely holiday season. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks Lizzie,

I can see the (incomplete list) but all those names are grayed out. Inactive. That's where I'm forced to stop, can go no further.  Please let the tech support team know.

Happy Holidays!

Layna

Hi @Lizzie! I hope I'm completely off base and am wrong in making the assumption I am: I'm a bit taken aback by what seems to be myopic and contradict Airbnb's policy of inclusion and diversity. I'm hoping Airbnb makes holiday cards available to fellow hosts in other cultures/parts of the world but, based solely on my IP address, I wasn't able to access the holiday card page. Not everyone celebrates Christmas. And not everyone uses the Gregorian calendar so the start of a new year is not the same for everyone. I was born and raised in a white, Christian country, and now live in one so I'm able to continue enjoying the traditions I grew up with--seeing our house and the stores and neighborhoods decked out with lights and decorations at Christmas time. But I also think of others and send greeting cards based on the observed holidays of their particular cultures (Chinese New Year, Persian New Year, Eid, Hannukah, for example) thinking that if the roles were reversed and I were living in a foreign place, a thoughtful friend or neighbor would warm my heart with a holiday card belonging to my native culture. Does Airbnb make holiday cards available for all hosts taking into consideration different cultures? Thanks.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

I would so love for this feature to come back!