Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Shared bathroom

Andrea6797
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Shared bathroom

Hello to all the Airbnb community!

As i don't have a lot of experience in the city of London i would like to ask to all the London based experienced hosts how the shared bathroom affects the occupancy/bookings of your rooms comparing to an en-suite or private bathroom. 

Please if you had experiences with that i would really appreciate if you share it with me and to all the community! 

thanks a lot. 

Andrea

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Andrea6797  Not in London but I offered a shared home in Bristol with access to two shared bathrooms and get plenty of bookings - it really depends on supply and demand in your part of London for your type of listing and what other shared access you offer . 

What sort of market research have you already carried out around supply and demand? I know many London hosts are suffering from falling bookings because of oversaturated markets .

Andrea6797
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Helen3  Thank you for your quick response!

I'm actually doing a market research in central London area comparing other hosts prices and type of accommodations. To be honest you have more connections then me as you know many London based hosts, so i'm getting to know your and others hosts experiences to enrich my knowledge. 

Also it is not clear if this 90 nights rules applies on the whole property only or either on single rooms. I'm actually living in my apartment so it shouldn't count as whole property. 

do you anything else about that?