Slow Down Due to Heat?

Answered!
Kim4581
Level 1
Visalia, CA

Slow Down Due to Heat?

Hello, it is in the 110's F here and we are hot... hot... hot!!!

We have noticed that the bookings have slowed down. Has it slowed down elsewhere?

Thanks, Kim

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kim4581 I am not in the least surprised - We are suffering from a cold, wet July in the UK and so bookings are also slow. Hot or cold people will not do those last minute trips I am afraid.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Kim4581

I  couldn't really tell from youur reviews  what  is the  Guest reason for  considering your property?   Like my rentals are usually I guess middle term work related rentals,some it is  because it is close to an attraction or beach.  Just guessing but you have multiple 1  or a few  nights which I  am guessing people stopping on their way to an intended destination.

You have good reviews so accepting wasn't a bbad thing butt a   very hard  market to build on.

Do some investigation off other STR s in your area.   What are they focusing on, you may  be surprised at what your niche market should be?

Thanks!!! Good info. Kim and Renee

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kim4581 , thanks so much for marking Mike's comment as a best answer to your topic. 

I noticed your comment and wanted to share a Community Center tip 💡 If you'd like to tag members in your comments for them to get a notification of your message, simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to reach should pop up 😊 (In this case Marie and Mike). I am tagging @Marie8425 and @Mike-And-Jane0 on your behalf so that they can read your thank you note.  😃 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello, @Bhumika ,

Thanks!!!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks for the kind response @Kim4581 ! 🌻 

Have you received potential booking inquiries after experiencing a dry season in terms of booking? How are you planning to attract guests? Have you also managed to talk with with Hosts near your area, if they are experiencing the same?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kim4581 I am not in the least surprised - We are suffering from a cold, wet July in the UK and so bookings are also slow. Hot or cold people will not do those last minute trips I am afraid.

Thanks! Good to hear from you. We intend to visit the UK sometime in the next couple of years. We will keep your contact info!!!