Smoking weed in my air bnb

Elspeth21
Level 1
Somersham, United Kingdom

Smoking weed in my air bnb

I am hoping someone in the community can help please....

The previous air bnb tenents have been smoking weed in my non-smoking flat and it stinks. 

With hosts that have had this problem in the past, how much have you charged to get a deep clean done? 

My flat is two bedroom one bathroom. 

It's really worrying as this person had 5 x 5 star reviews. They have also damaged a few small things in the flat. 

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You charge whatever the cleaning company charges you @Elspeth21 

So disappointing when this happens.

Luckily you'll be able to leave an honest review to warn future hosts .

Hi @Elspeth21 

I had the same issue in my listing before and determining the appropriate amount to charge Airbnb guests for a deep clean due to smoking weed in a non-smoking listing involves a few considerations. 

1. Actual Cleaning Costs: Obtain quotes from professional cleaning services to understand the actual cost of a deep clean for your property. This cost varies depending on the size of your flat, the severity of the odor, and local rates for such services.
2. Documentation: Keep all receipts and invoices from the cleaning service. This documentation is crucial if you need to present evidence to Airbnb or if the guest disputes the charge.
3. Communication with Guests: If possible, communicate with the guests first regarding the violation of the no-smoking policy and the need for a deep clean. This can sometimes lead to an amicable agreement on the fees without involving Airbnb’s resolution center.
4. Involve Airbnb: Review Airbnb’s policies regarding damages and extra cleaning fees. Airbnb allows hosts to charge for additional cleaning fees if guests leave the property excessively dirty. However, these charges should be justifiable and in line with the actual costs incurred.

Have a great day! 😊

OK, but what about when the host is the one who does the cleaning and not an outside service?  

We have obtained some quotes but we did the work ourselves.  

So since there was no actual invoice or bill from a cleaner, how do we charge the guest for the extra cleaning and operating the ozone generator?

Mark

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Elspeth21, I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your guest.

Building on our Hosts' advice, >>here<< are a few cleaning services recommended by our community's Hosts. It might be worth checking if they are available in the UK.

Keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

As for the damages caused by the tenants, it's a good idea to document them with pictures as evidence. You can then discuss the issue with the Airbnb support team and see if they can assist in resolving the situation. By the way, if you have a medical cannabis card and are using it for legitimate medical purposes, it's important to let Airbnb and any potential guests know about it.

As for the damages caused by the tenants, it's a good idea to document them with pictures as evidence. You can then discuss the issue with the Airbnb support team and see if they can assist in resolving the situation. By the way, if you have a ** medical cannabis card and are using it for legitimate medical purposes, it's important to let Airbnb and any potential guests know about it.

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines ]