Sofa beds

Natasha388
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Sofa beds

Hello 

I just wondered if anyone has any advice on sofa beds, what are the most comfortable style - pull out or click clac? And do you add a mattress topper to make them more comfortable? Any advice would be very much welcome 🙂 

thanks 

Natasha 

18 Replies 18
Natasha388
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

It would be to go in a two bedroom apartment each bedroom has a double bed therefore I was hoping to use the sofa bed to increase occupancy from 4 to 6 how often it would get booked out for 6 with a sofa bed I’m not sure! I think the pull out sofa beds with a good mattress  topper are definitely going to be the best option 😊

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Natasha388 I have both in my listing: one pullout sofa and one klik klack style futon from Ikea. They don't make the same model anymore, but it's like this: 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/nyhamn-sleeper-sofa-with-pocket-spring-mattress-knisa-gray-beige-s79306...

I have the best mattress option they have available, the pocket coil version, and I find it to be more comfortable than the pullout. The mattress is way thicker.  As a back sufferer, I hate most beds: I've never found a pullout or futon I'm really happy with, and most of them are torture. However, I've slept on that same Ikea one at a friend's on a number of occasions, and it's the best I've found. Any pullout I've found just has a really thin mattress: it's impossible to avoid. You could try offering a memory foam topper, but trying to get people to put sheets on the bed, let alone a topper, seems challenging enough. 

Hi Natasha, We saw your post and thought we'd share how our client arranges his sofa with you on airbnb: 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/725341367693454220?adults=2&check_in=2023-04-19&check_out=2023-04-21&fe...

Based on years of custom sofa making experience, we'd say the most comfortable types are the sleeper types. A mattress topper is not necessary. However, the type of memory foam used is crucial. 

Lila & Lin 🙂 

Lila and Lin, the Art of Living.

Cocoon Sofa Beds are the best. Proper bed mattress built in to sofa bed. Designed for larger frames too. 

**[Link removed by Community Manager - Community Center Guidelines]