South Korea Cancellation Policy. South Korea AIRBNB CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM.

South Korea Cancellation Policy. South Korea AIRBNB CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM.

Hello Community,

From other posts on this forum, it's clear I'm not the only homeowner who's been scammed **.
This is the most horrible customer I have ever met:

Check in date: December 1, 2023
Check out date: December 4, 2023

1/ Check-in time is 2:00 p.m. on December 1, 2023. However, we helped customers check in at 10:00 a.m. on December 1, 2023 in the morning to sleep.
They slept until 5:00 p.m. the same day, they told us that the air conditioner was not working. And kept asking us for a refund, and didn't let us into the inspection room.
We and the air conditioner repairman went up to check, and discovered that there was a cut in the air conditioner wire, and at the same time the electrical system in the building was on fire.

2/ The air conditioner repairman affirmed that the customer had impacted the building's electrical system, causing the electrical system to burn and the building's electrical system to be damaged.

3/ We then called the local police to work with the customer because the customer admitted that he had impacted the electrical wiring system.

4/ While waiting for the police to arrive, the customer pushed our employee down the stairs, and repeatedly pushed him against the wall, resulting in bleeding knees and bruises on his hands.We immediately took the employee to the hospital and had a doctor confirm the injuries.

5/ We continued to check the other bedroom of the building and saw that the water heater had fallen to the ground and was broken, and the toilet lid was flipped up and could not be reinstalled.

6/ We took the employee to the hospital so the doctor could check the condition of the wound.

7/ We have a Memorandum of Record between the local police when working with the customer and the customer has signed to acknowledge that they have cut our power lines.

8/ The customer then contacts Airbnb support to request a full refund.

Airbnb support from Korea deducted our money immediately, we showed evidence that the customer had assaulted the employee and confirmed with the local police that the electrical system was affected. , but they did not listen and replied:

I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE AIRBNB SUPPORT TEAM FROM KOREA, THEY WORK WITHOUT PROOF:

- I ASKED THEM TO GIVE PROOF THAT GUESTS SAID THE AIR CONDITIONER DID NOT WORK ==> THEY SAID THAT THEY DID NOT

- I ASKED THEM TO WORK WITH GUESTS BECAUSE GUESTS DESTROYED MY HOUSE, THEY DIDN'T ANSWER.

THIS IS A BOOKING PLATFORM WHERE I SEE THAT A PASSION AND REFUND CULTURE HAS MADE CUSTOMERS MORE LYING, demanding, and dishonest.

THE LOSS IS ALWAYS THE HOST!

**[Content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note generalizing and sharing Airbnb investigation and private conversations are not allowed on the Community Center]

2 Replies 2

Really sorry to hear about your experience hosting those guests - that sounds incredibly frustrating. I hope Airbnb support is now taking it seriously and investigating properly.

Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi @Hảo-Tour-By-Locals0 

So sorry to hear you had this experience. Although this isn't a customer support forum, we were able to forward the information in your post on to the relevant team. Have you heard from them?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines