Special price for family & friends?

Laura6265
Level 2
Davenport, FL

Special price for family & friends?

I am wanting to set up a Special pricing for family & friends, to stay at our rental.

How much of a discount do other hosts give to family & friends?

How do you set it up.

Thanks for any help or suggestions of how to set up a discount for family or friends.

Laura

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Laura6265 Why would you do this? Any discount would still leave you/them paying 15% to Airbnb. Why not just block the dates in the calendar and offer them the place by email. As a minimum you could offer them a 15% discount and you will make the same money.

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Laura6265 

I don't let friends and family book through Airbnb; I deal directly and block the calendar. Why would you want to pay Airbnb commission for that? Airbnb has no added value, then.

For distant friends/colleagues, I give a 25% discount. Very close friends get a 50% discount. After all, it is an investment I made with monthly costs.

If kids want to bring five friends, they only pay the cleaning fee and the cost of water and energy.

That way the friend can give a nice review, which has value, especially when starting out. 

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Tonya213 

Except that Airbnb might consider renting to friends and family at a favourable price in exchange for a review as going against their terms since the review would not be impartial and biased by nature creating a conflict of interest and could get you sanctioned as per their review guidelines:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3055

So whilst tempting, it is not without risk especially with the addition now of Artificial intelligence that Airbnb has invested in to monitor more closely hosts who do not adhere to their T & C.