Specialized Teams and Ambassadors

Nic15080
Level 1
Omaha, NE

Specialized Teams and Ambassadors

What a joke. They claim they help but never discuss anything with you. They make decisions without completing a full investigation. As a superhost, these teams and ambassadors need further training and should be held accountable. 

9 Replies 9
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Nic15080 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues.

Can you drop me a DM with some more information e.g. what's happened, case number please?  I can then escalate your specific concerns.

Thanks,

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I have the same problem. Could you also help me?

Hello I’m having the same issues with the specialized team could you help me?

My son William McGovern died on May 26, 2022. In April, he made reservations at a cottage in Townville, SC for himself, his three children and William's parents (of which I am his mother). tragically William died in Japan on May 26, where he lived as a professor. His children and we are planning to still go to the property to honor their father and start the healing process of our loss. I have reserved and paid for a  pontoon boat to use during our stay. We do not have access to my son's email account and the reservation code. No one in customer support is willing to help us. All we get is lip service and reasons why they won't give us access to his account. All they have offered is to cancel the reservation with a copy of his death certificate. We have been in communication with the host Tina and she is fine with everything. I do have his death certificate but we don't want to cancel the reservation. William's children are looking forward to get together to honor his memory. Can anyone help us?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Bernadette407 I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how tough that must be for you.

It could be an idea to cancel the reservation through CS and discuss with the Host to make a new reservation on your own account. That way you can still go with his three children and if any issues arise before or during your stay it'll be easier to deal with that. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mylan0
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

What I find most disturbing is that we filed a claim back in April 2022. It is now August 26 2022. This specialized team has not fully investigated our request. The guest from hell did over 10k in damaged to our listing. Had a 3 day party with over 60 people who never left for the entire 3 day reservation. We sent pic, Airbnb demanded that we have a furniture appraiser come to our home and detail if each item damaged could be repair or did it need to be replaced. Keep in mind this service cost us up front $500.00. We sent in the police report for the damages theft and the disturbance called in by the neighbors in this private gated community despite over 40 pics , videos furniture appraisals and police reports they have yet to complete there investigation. Each time we call which has been over 120 times in the 5 months each representative tells us I am so sorry this has happened to you. I will escalate this the the SPECIALIZLZED DEPARTMENT and someone will get back to you in 24-48 hours. What a complete joke!  Can someone please explain to me does the specialized department even exist because that don’t take calls from the people who pay excessive fees to be apart of this platform. Take away all the host on this platform and what do you have?  I tell you what you have you have REDDIT! 

**[Image containing picture of a guest removed  - Community Center Guidelines]

I’m having same problem they have worse customer service ever ! 2 days 51 calls and messages and there not helping me with an infestation problem . Disgusting.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Julia4531 , welcome to our Community Center,

I have just read your post about these situations, and I would like to invite you to share a bit more information in that post. Even though our Community Center is not a formal branch of the Support Team, this will help other Hosts come with their advice and try to help by offering their perspective.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Lindsay610
Level 1
Denver, CO

I am having a similar issue right now. Both my listings have been suspended and no explanation why. I am a super host who has gone BEYOND BEYOND above and beyond for my listings. Now no one will speak with me or explain what is going on and why I am being punished with multiple suspensions when I am 5-star super host who would do anything for her guests.