Stranded NY airline passengers

Charlotte1159
Level 1
New York, NY

Stranded NY airline passengers

Is there anyway to help get airline passengers into our listings quickly?

To be transparent, I paused my listing awhile ago but would be willing to open it for folks being shuffled around at airports.

5 Replies 5
Patricia2526
Level 10
Manila, Philippines

Hi @Charlotte1159 

I suggest to offer self check in options. Key lock box or smart lock. This allows guests to check in at their convenience without requiring your  presence. Provide clear instructions on how to use the system to ensure a smooth arrival experience. It would help as well if you will provide information on local transportation, suck as taxi service, ride sharing apps or any public transportation routes. This can help guests plan their arrival. Hope this helps. 

@Patricia2526 

I believe @Charlotte1159 is referring to flight cancelations in NYC airports since yesterday. More than two thousand flights were canceled in two days and people are stranded at airports with no place to go. 

@Patricia2526 exactly.     Is there a way to offer up a place to stay.   I understand many are traveling on slim budgets and hotels get booked quickly in these situations.

Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Hi @Charlotte1159 

Unfortunately there is no system in place to make the connection. There are some non profits working at the airports but they are only making hotel arrangements. 

I'm really close to Newark and one of my listings was vacant so I offered it for free, but they said they wouldn't even know how to offer it to people. 

It's apparently getting better. 

Thanks @Nur785 .    It’s something to think about as this situation occurs more frequently.