Strange actions of Airbnb, one side changes

Answered!

Strange actions of Airbnb, one side changes

I am very upset with airbnb again!! I am losing money, loosing rates, losing clients now! Airbnb starts to charge me from 8/02/24 15% service fee...  I Was not ready to this, as it was always an option to have shared service of 3%

I got a booking on9/02/24 when I noticed that they charged me 15% instead of 3%.  My prices are not including 15%, so I lost money!

I have checked the other hosts from Cyprus still have the option of 3% service fee.  Why they implied it on me? My prices are not competitive now!!  I don’t accept that!  I didn’t allow airbnb to do it.

I am loosing clients! As I have to explain them that they need to pay extra now as airbnb have change their policy.  The clients thinks that I am cheating!! One guest who wanted to book a house yesterday was very upset with me as she thought that I specially increase the price because she decided to book a villa! This actions of airnb low my reputation, low  my rate! I am spending lots of time!! To explain clients who are requesting to book villas, that they need to pay extra, as airnb decided to do this.!!  I have to change all the price for the villas I am advertising on airbnb, IT is not one villa only its about 30 villas!  I cant answer guests now  as the prices are not ready.  I cant confirm  the booking request, because I have to ask them to pay extra for the booking!!!  It is not normal. People are getting upset, they feel cheated. I am very upset with this situation.

SO, could you please tell me where I Can sent an official report for AIRNB ? I require them to pay me a compensation for lost profit, for wasting lots of time, loosing clients, losing my reputation and rates!! I want  to get back 3% to me and explain why they choose ME to change the service fee and Not all the hosts on airbnb.

1 Best Answer

@Irina13 

I would double check that you do not have any software (channel manager) connected to your account:

Go to your Account Settings

1. Select Privacy & Sharing
  2. Under Connected Apps, see if any are showing. Click or tap Remove Access for your former software provider

Joan2709_0-1707746900724.png

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can see you have a large scale STR business with 52 listing so likely are using a channel manager.

If you use a channel manager Airbnb adds to the guest fee into the hosts costs so you pay the whole fee.

What you should have done is adjusted your listing rates to take into account you are paying the total Airbnb fee.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1857

What you can't do is contact guests post bookings and try and make them pay more because you haven't priced correctly.

Thank you for your answer. I am not using any channel manager. I am with airbnb support - but they are very slow. They have asked me what i have to fix in my settings, I did, But it doesn't work. And  I got today another three bookings and I guess I will loose them as well..... 

I wanted to check Service fee settings but I dont have this page! That's weird but I made print screens and sent them to airbnb support.  Its missing! Its very frustrating

@Irina13 the service fee setting is where @Joan2709 showed it to be. You must have this but it is in your account not your listing.

I am looking in my account, of course. I dont have it. I sent print screen from my account to the support. Still waiting the answer - for some reason I dont have it 

@Irina13 

I would double check that you do not have any software (channel manager) connected to your account:

Go to your Account Settings

1. Select Privacy & Sharing
  2. Under Connected Apps, see if any are showing. Click or tap Remove Access for your former software provider

Joan2709_0-1707746900724.png

Hi @Irina13 

As @Helen3 mentions, this is called a Host Only Fee structure. Hosts can opt in manually to do this, or it happens automatically if you use a channel manager as @Helen3 mentions. Did you add a channel manager to your listing recently or opt in to Host Only Fee (Simplified Pricing) yourself on your account? 

Host Only Fee

"...This fee is mandatory for traditional hospitality listings–such as hotels, serviced apartments, etc., as well as software-connected hosts (unless most of their listings are in the USA, Canada, the Bahamas, Mexico, Argentina, Taiwan, or Uruguay)..."

To change back to split fee if not using a Channel Manager:

- Click your Profile Photo Top Right

- Go to Account

- Go to Payments & Payouts 

- Click Service Fee & Change Back to Split Fee

Joan2709_0-1707660712119.png

Thank you for your answer. I am not using any channel manager. I am with airbnb support - but they are very slow. They have asked me what i have to fix in my settings, I did, But it doesn't work. And  I got today another three bookings and I guess I will loose them as well..... 

What you recommend to do it makes sense,  It was the first thing I Was trying to do, But I dont have this options in my account for some reason!! That's weird but I made print screens and sent them to airbnb support. I dont have this service fee settings... Its missing! Its very frustrating

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Irina13 Whilst @Joan2709 has good advice if you are not using a channel manager if you are then you are stuck with simplified pricing. For every $1 you receive the guest will pay, within 1%, the same amount as before once you have modified your prices. In simple terms add about 15% to your prices and you should be ok.

Thank you for your answer. I am not using any channel manager. I am with airbnb support - but they are very slow. They have asked me what i have to fix in my settings, I did, But it doesn't work. And  I got today another three bookings and I guess I will loose them as well..... As I lost already three bookings yesterday.