Superhost filter gone?

Answered!
Jessie90
Level 7
Connecticut, United States

Superhost filter gone?

Appreciate the new filter for guest favorites, but that is not equivalent to booking with a Super Host, which gives  me a lot of comfort when booking in an unfamiliar location.  Guest ratings are always a little suspect.  I hope this filter is reinstated, I may never book on airbnb again, too risky otherwise. 

Any one else have this issue, it's gone both on the website and app.

Top Answer
Breanna
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

I also wanted to share a bit more related to this topic @Jessie90.

Yes, I can confirm the Superhost filter has been removed. This is to simplify some of the search filters and we added a new Guest Favorites filter to help guests find some of the most-loved homes on the platform. Guests will still be able to see whether their Host is a Superhost on the listing page.

Guest Favorites are evaluated on a listing level, while Superhosts are based on the individual Host. A Superhost that adds a new listing, for example, would need to host several stays before their new listing could be considered for Guest Favorites.

Hope this helps with context.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

65 Replies 65
Sharon625
Level 2
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa

I Agree

We have been hosting on Airbnb exclusively for five years now. We love receiving guests and ensuring they have the best quality experience. 

The removal of this filter has significantly reduced our average monthly bookings.

The super host search function was a differentiator between Airbnb and other platforms, allowing guests more confidence and rewarding good hosts with more bookings.

Sadly, if this stays the same, we will be forced to list on other platforms to increase our occupancy, which, if others do, will, over time, ultimately dilute Airbnb's unique offerings. 

We also used this function exclusively when booking a place to stay on Airbnb to ensure we stayed with quality hosts. 

I hope that they bring it back. 

@Breanna  - you should be ashamed of your response

There are filters, for example, for "toilet grab bar" or "indoor fireplace"

Surely another filter for "superhost" would not make the experience unnecessarily complicated, given how important this experience dimension is 

Your notion of "simplification" is complete nonsense and a direct insult to the intelligence of the forum's participants...

Matt228
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I don't use airbnb as much since they dropped the superhost filter. Just don't feel as safe with it gone. 

Matt228
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I found a workaround for people wanting to see properties by superhosts! 

For tennants: Just add "&superhost=true" at the end of the URL/web address after making the search. It also shows guest favs, but shows superhosts too. Saves a lot of time. 

Rob7820
Level 2
Dunnellon, FL

I too am unhappy Airbnb removed the SuperHost filter, as both a host and a traveler. It was one of the most important filters for me to get bookings and decide where to stay, plus I’ve worked extremely hard to get and maintain the designation for many years. I hope they reinstate it. 

Yvonne953
Level 2
Scarborough, ME

I am a fairly new host who just earned Superhost status on my property which is a "Guest Favorite."

My excitement was quickly diminished when I realized it is no longer a search option. What is the point of working hard to earn this designation if guests are not able to search for it?

C'mon AirBnB, there's more than one year of complaints about this change from hosts AND guests . Hosts are graded on their responsiveness to guests. Please AirBnB, will you kindly be responsive to guests and hosts?